What's new

Lather Creating

I find that when I whip the lather (like you would eggs) I get a much better lather where the peaks can actually stand up themselves.

However when I've seen videos of mantic59 or other great lather makers, they are merely stirring the lather.

I find that lather making is something that isn't spoken about enough in this NEWBIE section, so am I correct in WHIPPING my lather, or with that ultimately make it too airy? :huh::huh::huh:

I whip mine up like whipped cream when I bowl lather and Im a little less aggressive when I face lather. What soaps are you using?

I whip mine up like whipped cream when I bowl lather and Im a little less aggressive when I face lather. What soaps are you using?

proraso cream as well as santa maria novella crema da barba

for some reason I've been making better lather with the proraso rather than the 'luxurious' and 'superior' SMN....prob because I'm a noob

Do whatever it takes for you to get good lather that you like. If whipping is good for you then whip it, whip it real good! :lol:

The first time you use a new cream: shake the brush 4 or 5 times. Get an almond size dollop (sometimes called a "snurdle") of cream and wipe it in the breech of the brush. Whip the lather for at least 30-45 seconds (like you’re beating eggs) and see what the lather looks and feels like. Take a little between two fingers and feel it. Now add about half a teaspoon of water and whip another 30 seconds or so. Continue doing this over and over, feeling the cream each time and paying attention to what it looks like and feels like when you’re whipping it. Continue doing this until the lather is obviously over saturated (very thin, large bubbles, won't support itself in a peak, etc.).

I took that straight from the tutorial stickied here in the "newbie" section. Found here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71700

Top Bottom