What's new

Anyone been to Hove of New Orleans?

I am going to NOLA in a few weeks, and this place sounded cool. They supposedly have good french milled soaps, shaving gear, and antique mugs etc. Anyone been?

I'm from New Orleans, and had never heard of this place. The website -makes it look really frou-frou. It is in the middle of the French Quarter.

You really should hit Aidan Gill's store...

http://www.aidangillformen.com/

It's on Magazine street which is a really neat area of town. Lot's of restaurants, antique stores, etc. It's minutes from the Quarter and the street ends right in front of the Audubon Zoo. Just walk from one end to the other.

Aidan Gill's shop carries all of the high end soaps and creams, plus a really nice selection of brushes and straight razors. Behind his counter is a beautiful wood display case with an ungodly collection of vintage shaving supplies, which he doesn't use or sell. They're just there to look pretty. Aidan Gill himself is a proponent of multi-blade cartridges, but his shop is still really cool. You can get a nice haircut and shave there if you want also, but they'll probably use a Fusion for the shave:thumbdown.

Stopped in there once. IIRC, it is pretty unique.

It's on Magazine street which is a really neat area of town. Lot's of restaurants, antique stores, etc. It's minutes from the Quarter and the street ends right in front of the Audubon Zoo. Just walk from one end to the other.

Magazine is cool and has seen a real renaissance the past few years. But walk it in June? :crazy:

Last edited:
Cool! Thanks, I'll check it out. I think I am staying on Magazine St. as a matter of fact ( I know its long), but I'll make time to go to it.

I stopped by that place last year.
The store is pretty neat looking, but everything is overpriced as you might imagine.
They offered me a shave with a Match 3. After I declined and told them I was a straight razor shaver, they did their best to warn (scare) me about Hepatitis!:thumbdown

Top Bottom