What's new

A Small PIF

This PIF is for two different things.

The first item is a 2oz bag of menthol crystals. To be eligible for this item you must post how you are going to use it (and please do use them!). I will pick the post that I think has the best idea.

The second part to this PIF are small bottles of enamel. There will be two winners for this. The two winners can pick out a couple bottles for use (there are two black enamels). Some of these paints have been used, but there is plenty left for many, many razors or brushes. To be eligible for this item you must list the brushor razor that you will repaint the numbers or lettering with (a picture would be nice too!). Also, the two winners must upload a before and after picture of a razor or brush that they used these paints on. The first winner will also receive a paintbrush to use.

I know this isn't much, but I have read some posts about adding menthol to items and about repainting the numbers on adjustable razors. This PIF will be kept to CONUS to keep shipping costs down. This PIF will end Thursday.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Great idea, but I wouldn't know what to do with them. On a side note, when I first read it, I thought you said Meth Crystals reinforced by the bag on the scale:001_smile

I'd use the menthol to give a cooling boost to the knockoff Old Spice AS that I got at RiteAid, to add a touch more cooling power to the Aqua Velva, and to (maybe) get a tub of Noxema pre-shave stuff and make it cool like Proraso Pre/Post.

That and save money this summer by liberally applying menthol instead of turning the AC on!

Just one person!!! Surely someone wants to paint the numbers on their Adjustables or turn something into a menthol blast.

Craig87C... Good idea.

I'm definitely interested. I've been wanting to try menthol crystal for quite some time now. Not only to spike the menthol content of some after shaves, but also to mix up some mentholated soaps. I added some aqua velva to some VDH soap and it is great, I'd love to kick up the cooling blast on that one! One thing I've been really curious to try is to add some menthol to Bay Rum after shave. Would the cooling kill the burn? Or would it burn first, then cool? Either way, it sound like a great experiment to try for summer. :bayrum2::velva2:

And I could definitely use some white and black enamel to repaint the letters on some vintage brushes!

Last edited:
Excellent PIF!!! Actually it's not small at all. 2oz of menthol crystals should last a long time. :)

Whereas, a 2oz. bag of meth crystals would only last the duration of a couple of techno raves and a NOFX show.

Count me in, I've never tried crystal menth.:laugh: I'd probably experiment with mixing it with my shave soaps, or possibly mixing it with some of my "cold weather" aftershaves to see if it makes them more palatable for use in humid weather.

Or I'll mix some with Florida Water to see if I can reenact that scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark where the guy's face gets melted off by God.

Last edited:
I would use the crystals to make a cooling aftershave and maybe a shaving soap/cream (I don't even know if that one would work but it would be worth a try). As far as paint goes, I would repaint my Gillette Super Adjustable black handle (I may even paint it another color) as well as the numbers on my Gillette Slim Adjustable.

I would use the crystals to make a cooling aftershave and maybe a shaving soap/cream (I don't even know if that one would work but it would be worth a try). As far as paint goes, I would repaint my Gillette Super Adjustable black handle (I may even paint it another color) as well as the numbers on my Gillette Slim Adjustable.

One of the enamels is gold. I bet the Super Adjustable would look pretty interesting with a gold handle.

I would use the menthol crystals in conjunction with a DIY Vegetal steep in order to make a nice and cooling lime/mentholated aftershave. A little aloe gel, maybe some glycerin. i'll PIF out a bottle when it all comes together if i win. =) As for the other paint part, i would redo the number on my Fatboy from macdaddy. also retouch my ER 200 in green and black.

Last edited:
I'm new to the DE world and now a fanatic!:w00t: I just bought my first menthol soap and did my first cold water shave and I'm hooked! I think I would go nuts with a bag of menthol and kind of scared! To me a bag of methol will be a lot more addicting then a bag of meth!:tongue_sm It would be the coolest thing I own this summer!

I already mix my own aftershaves, pre-shave oil, balms and witch hazel splash.

I would use it in a batch of AS as my low alcohol mix has no burn and the cooling sensation would bring it up a notch. My witch hazel blend does a good job, but would benefit from some cooling and scent. If I can get a good blend for the WH, I would gladly make up some samples to share with others who are interested since there is likely a good quantity of crystals. Good old drug store WH does a good job, but both smell and sensation would likely be improved by the menthol...anyway interesting experiment.

PS...I have no interest in the paint...thanks anyway.

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/menthol_crystals.php

Last edited:
The idea crossed my mind of making my own AS splashes after seeing eucalyptis extract in the pharmacy. That would be my primary motivation for having something like that, but why stop there? I've never tried making my own toothpaste before...

The idea crossed my mind of making my own AS splashes after seeing eucalyptis extract in the pharmacy. That would be my primary motivation for having something like that, but why stop there? I've never tried making my own toothpaste before...

My reading suggests that these kinds of crystals are for cosmetic use only...not sure I would want to be digesting them...just a caution on the toothpaste idea...This site has a little info... FYI.
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/menthol_crystals.php

Top Bottom