What's new

Crab cakes

I don't have a recipe at hand (although I've probably got one around here somewhere), but I'd suggest that faced with options, choose a recipe that's heavy on the crab meat. My cousin, who works for a seafood restaurant, is always surprised when people compliment them on their crab cakes because they use so little bread stuffing in the mix. He can't understand why anyone would make crab cakes with so much stuffing, but it's commonly done. Maybe it's to stretch out the crab meat? Anyway, get a recipe that's light on the bread and heavy on the crab.

Go to Maryland, or Murlind as they say in Baltimore (Ballmore). It is like a cheesesteak, can't get a good one outside of Philly.

My wife from the Delaware coast would have some words for you...:biggrin:

Great crab cakes:

Are breaded heavily.
Use Chesapake Crab Meat.
Have either Old Bay or Phillips Seasoning in them.

Other than that, the world's your oyster.

M

modern man

My wife from the Delaware coast would have some words for you...:biggrin:

Great crab cakes:

Are breaded heavily.
Use Chesapake Crab Meat.
Have either Old Bay or Phillips Seasoning in them.

Other than that, the world's your oyster.

Sounds more like you are proving my point. :001_tt2:

M

modern man

On a side note, I was dissapointed to learn that the Phillips in DC uses Alaskan Crabs for their crab cakes. What a disgrace:thumbdown

Tis true and why I don't go to eat in the district (except the micro brew next to the Spy museum and the one by the MCI center in Chinatown).

AGREED! No one outside of Maryland has any business making a crab cake:001_tt2:

Tony

Having pick more than a few blue claws from the Great South Bay~I'm not sure I could agree with that Tony!:scared:

BTW beef liver is the bees knees for baiting your traps.

Tis true and why I don't go to eat in the district (except the micro brew next to the Spy museum and the one by the MCI center in Chinatown).

Capital City? Or District Chop House? If you want good crab cakes in DC, go to RFD. it's on 7th, at the Northern end of Chinatown. Their beer selection is amazing, to say the least

M

modern man

Capital City? Or District Chop House? If you want good crab cakes in DC, go to RFD. it's on 7th, at the Northern end of Chinatown. Their beer selection is amazing, to say the least

Well I guess their are a few places I go too.

Good thing I live a block away from the Metro. :thumbup1:

I don't have a good recipe, but that's because I've never looked. My first worry is where to get good crab meat, and I have no idea whatsoever.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I guess I'll have to go with Perry's version, since he gave the only recipe. :001_tt2:

M

modern man

I guess I'll have to go with Perry's version, since he give the only recipe. :001_tt2:

I thought you were top chef round here anyway. :tongue:

1. Crabmeat
2. Filler
3. Old Bay

NUFF SAID!
proxy.php

M

modern man

I'm going to go with this one. I prefer simple recipes.

Make sure you post your results. :smile:

I don't know what YOU would use for filler but I am sure it will turn out better then good.

Top Bottom