What's new

Newbie Check-in? Check!

Hello all,

Like many, I've muddled through the shaving process for years without thinking. My father gave me a Gillette Mach-3 when I first started, and I used their three bladed models for years before switching to their four bladed razor. Sure, the Gillette shaving products are efficient, but there's a sense of near-baroque excess in their products. Multiple blades? Moisturizing strips? Vibrating handles? I mean, isn't there a simpler way?

I've recently purchased a vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable, and am hoping to switch to brushes and soap very soon. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you as I develop a new shaving routine. This should be fun!

From one newbie to another, welcome. Just posted my check-in, as a matter of fact. Just started wet shaving in earnest, and would look like hamburger right now if not for this forum. Lots of quality info. A weird thing happened as I started to try different razors, blades, and soaps - I actually look forward to shaving now.

Regards,
Austin

Welcome aboard B&B. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Looks like you are off to a good start. You will be astonished at how much better your shaves are once you start using traditional shaving soap/cream and a brush.

Practice and patience will pay off with better and better shaves.

Welcome aboard the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Top Bottom