View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a B&B Vegas Convention?

Voters
323. This poll is closed
  • Heck yes!

101 31.27%
  • Probably

57 17.65%
  • Possibly

97 30.03%
  • Art's still king

68 21.05%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Interested in a B&B-Con?

Images

Love the idea, but funds and time do not allow. Perhaps, one day, a coordinated multi-city event? Like, B&B gatherings on the same weekend, in different cities around the world? That way those outside of the U.S. aren't left out, or traveling from Europe or further away. Boston for the Northeast, Maybe D.C. for the mid atlantic area? L.A. for those on the west coast, maybe Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa for Canada, all over the map...Either way, those who go, enjoy and share pictures!
    Scooter~ ...and I guess you'd say I'm on my way to Burma Shave...

i know chicago is no las vegas but i can get us a great hook up on a huge nice hotel, with huge event rooms. Its just a suggestion if help was needed with location issues i know getting place can get pricey..let me know

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dpm802 View Post
    The chances I'll be able to attend in person are slim ... but I think its a great idea!
    Depending on the timing, I am sadly forced to agree. I will be in CONUS for five weeks next summer, and then after that it's off to Asia for two to three years. As much as I would love to attend, it's harder to justify a ticket from the Far East than it is from the DC area. I really want to, though.
    ~Matt "Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself."

Images

If it were in Las Vegas, I would be there.
    My name is Chris. I'm addicted to shaving and heavily influenced by enablers.

Load it like you hate it! Full fledged 3017'er/ Unofficial 2013 Sabbatical Participant

Images

Any updates on the possibility of a convention? I am definitely interested. Wish there was a way to send a forum wide PM to get everyone's input...
    -Sal
    Frequenter of The Brown Leaf, and Moderator of the California State Wetshavers Group
    Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. Men of Mind, Men of Culture, Men of Pride.

Just a thought here, A number of groups I belong to have regional meetings to increase the ability of folks to attend. Las Vegas would probably work well for those in the western US/Canada, cheap flights and rooms, but might be tough for those in the eastern US/Canada, or overseas.
    Richard- owner Tradere Razors- where tradition meets today, www.tradererazors.com ,proudly made in the United State of America.

Atlantic city may be better and cheaper......
    Steward in the B&B Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In forum - Click here for Hall Of Fame

I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can shave again.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepunk18 View Post
    Love the idea, but funds and time do not allow. Perhaps, one day, a coordinated multi-city event? Like, B&B gatherings on the same weekend, in different cities around the world? That way those outside of the U.S. aren't left out, or traveling from Europe or further away. Boston for the Northeast, Maybe D.C. for the mid atlantic area? L.A. for those on the west coast, maybe Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa for Canada, all over the map...Either way, those who go, enjoy and share pictures!
    I like this idea. it would make the idea more viable (for me at least).
    Johnny Dingo

I would attend for sure

Quote Originally Posted by dpm802 View Post
    The chances I'll be able to attend in person are slim ... but I think its a great idea!

I look forward to lots of vicarious fun looking at pics and watching videos and reading posts from the actual attendees.

Now ... if you want to do an East Coast version and hold a Shave-Con in Atlantic City, then I'm in!
    +1!

This would be really cool, but I couldn't make it to a west coast convention.

Darn, tad far for me

Images

How about Oklahoma? It's right in the middle of everything and everybody loves it here! Right?
    I woulda worn my tuxedo but my Polo pony ate it!!!

I know this is a really old thread... but I work for a travel agency. If you did want to plan a big get-together, I could see if it would be possible to do something with group space & possibly getting a deal on a hotel if we get enough people together...
    - Shane

That doesn't mean we couldn't have a european trade show. Maybe every other time and make it every other year so it'd be in Europe every fourth year?
    I'm a simple man to please, I simply require the best.

Images

Lets go to Vegas!
    Enjoy your shave!

If there's one in the Northeast I know I'd go and drag my wife along with me ;)