What's new

$1 Garage Sale Find - Is it something?

Good afternoon Gents,
I stumbled upon a local garage sale and decided to check it out. I found a shave brush and it was only a buck. The handle was nice so I said what the hey. I could always reknot it if i wanted to. Did I actually find something or is it just a random?
Thanks

The knot size seems like 19 or 20 mm.
Second pic has a mm ruler behind it, its about 95mm tall.

Attachments

• $brush.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 496
Looks nice, whatever it is.

Before you re-knot it, go ahead and give it a good bath and try it as-is. You might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Nah, there are no markings of any kind. I gave it a bath. Ill try it out and let you gents know how it went.

I've tried old brushes and found treating them with hair conditioner a couple three times does wonders:thumbup1:

Well i took the brush for a spin today with some Proraso. It built a nice lather. It felt pretty good on the face too, it was a little scritchy however, but had good backbone. Not as scritchy as my shea moisture brush though. Def a keeper.

Legion

Staff member
Looks a bit like this butterscotch Plymouth of mine.

proxy.php

Looks nice, whatever it is.

Before you re-knot it, go ahead and give it a good bath and try it as-is. You might be in for a pleasant surprise.

I agree:thumbup1: I've seen several on the Restore thread that just need a good cleaning and some hair conditioner before being put back into action.

Top Bottom