What's new

It works better with just 1 blade

I did it too! Went to change blades today, two came out! I'd been shaving with two. So when i pulled another new one out of the package (wally world wilky) got two more, this time i checked. put one back, one in the razor. I'm expecting a better shave tomorrow.

I remember someone trying this on purpose. I think he said it wasn't better or worse, just different. I think I'll take his word for it and stick with just one blade.

Sort of a homemade 2 edge cartridge?

I guess, except there would be no gap between the blades. The blades would be "staggered" very slightly (one sticking further out from under the cap than the other), but there would be no space between the blades like on a cartridge.

I think this is fascinating. Based on what's been said here, it sounds like the first blade might lift the hair, and the second blade cut it off low. This in theory will result in a smoother, more comfortable shave. I doubt it will ever catch on, mind :001_rolle

What about putting some sort of place holder between the two blades to create a gap?.....then we can try 3..no 4....noo 5....nooo 12 blades in one shave. Oh my God! We'll be millionaires :001_smile

I think this is fascinating. Based on what's been said here, it sounds like the first blade might lift the hair, and the second blade cut it off low. This in theory will result in a smoother, more comfortable shave. I doubt it will ever catch on, mind :001_rolle

Will it work? No. Will it catch on like wildfire with the masses of shaving sheep? Distinct possibility.

What about putting some sort of place holder between the two blades to create a gap?.....then we can try 3..no 4....noo 5....nooo 12 blades in one shave. Oh my God! We'll be millionaires :001_smile

Great minds think alike. Without buying any special machinery, tooling, or technology, we can blow right past Gillette, Schick, etc. and go straight to a double-digit blade count. How could this possibly fail (said, unfortunately, only partly in jest)?

Great minds think alike. Without buying any special machinery, tooling, or technology, we can blow right past Gillette, Schick, etc. and go straight to a double-digit blade count. How could this possibly fail (said, unfortunately, only partly in jest)?

i believe this is fool proof :w00t:

Seriously though it might be worth a try. Maybe cutting down an old blade to fit in between. Not going to try it in my slant though :001_smile

Top Bottom