What's new

How do you shave around/on the adams apple

I can get bbs almost everywhere but that spot.

i was watching geofatboys videos and hes recommended stretching the skin to shave on the side but it doesnt work for me.
the real problem is just above the adams apple

My most difficult areas to shave are above the Adam's Apple, (which is the notch of the thyroid cartilage) and just below each nasal vestibule. I have found that I must use an inferior to superior, very light stroke first, followed by another very light stroke in same direction, and lastly a very light superior to inferior stroke, which is against the grain. Still get a little irritation at time if I am in too much of a hurry.

For under the nose, I kinda have to use the corner of the razor and be very careful.

You might also try gently pulling the skin to the side so you're not shaving that skin right in the nook and above the bump but somewhat on the side of it. Try moving it to both sides and also play a bit with up and down. There might be one direction where the hair pulls out further and another where the hair recedes. You should be able to test this with just a finger on a dry neck.

You can also use a slide or j-hook moving in roughly the same direction but also partly vertical (depending on the grain). Positioning the head askew will reduce the difficulty of getting the large head into that small spot and also get the away from your chin which is probably in the way.

Swallowing works; what I do is get some alum (styptic if you don't have an alum block) on my fingertips and stretch the skin off of it in whichever direction is comfortable. With problem areas it can be helpful to lather and shave them first, separately, so you can focus on them better. You'll figure it out, time and experience are your best teachers

thanks for the help guys
this swallowing thing sounds interesting
will give it a go tomorrow :D

Thanks for the swallowing tip, will try it tonight. :thumbup1:

can do most of the face, most of the time, however most of the time, that area still gets bitten!

A little stretching (not too much, optional alum) and swallowing works ok for me. Having problems with the spot where the jaw transitions into the neck now. And cut my upper lip twice because I was too reckless, thought cutting there was impossible, never had any irritation there, even with electric razor and cheap carts.

I dont tend to 'stretch' my skin with my other hand, but i do move my face around and do the swallow technique and it seems to work very well in that area, it take some getting used to, i have cut the skin fairly bad there trying to do it in a hurry once... (which ended up making things last longer trying to stop the blood, lol :lol:)

Learning to use different parts of the blade is what did it for me, as well as stretching combined with different angles. I think you'll just have to try different things out until you find the right way to shave that area. :001_rolle :001_smile

Top Bottom