What's new

LINETTI pomade

from sunny Italy comes a great hair and scalp product. this is a solidified "brillantina" A.K.A. "pomade"....true lavender scent,nothing like the old green capped yardley brilliantine of the 1960's,but an equal in quality to todays yardley brilliantine....the lavender scent is lighter,and different.lavender oils from italy,france,bulgaria.england, oregon and california all have unique properties and scents...this is a very fine lavender,but different than yardleys...I admit,I have no idea how it works to shine your hair or nourish it....I shave my head every 2 days and I use brilliantines,liquid and solid,to moisturize and condition my scalp...this linetti is a nice product that penetrates rapidly and leaves a light lavender scent...the little green plastic box has replaced the old italian tin,and inside the box is a removable white plastic tub that holds the product...first class,but that old italian tin was more artistic...a great pomade...

Wow. Crisco in a box! Seriously, I wish I could get away with these but it is not to be. Malocchio you always come up with the great hair dressings. Way to go.

Regards ,Todd

Ingredients?

Where did you get this?

sorry ! this is direct from ITALIA ,no ingredients listed....my guess would be :mineral oil,olive oil,pure lavender essential oil and perhaps beeswax or mineral wax....the exception is the liquid brillantina that is darker do to the addition of walnut husk extract (al mallo di noce)...I will post reviews of the other two linettis soon.I have asked joe ,theitalianbarber, to consider carrying these fine products,since so many forum members often post about their desire for a high quality hair dressing...

Well gents, I am resurrecting this old thread since A; Brillantina Linetti Solida is one of the coolest looking pomades around, and B; Malocchio always seems to find and post these sorts of things first. I probably cannot get away with using this but I am thinking about buying it just for the pure fun of it. Same with the Yardley brilliantine currently available. Anyone actually use this product? I cannot seem to find an ingredient list but don't you think it is likely petrolatum and mineral oil based?

Yes..it is,and it's a nice product.If you want more "darkness" and more class,as was the old Yardley black label Lavender splash,then spend a little extra and look for a 1960's pot on ebay.Pomades and brilliantines do not "go bad",I use 50 year old pomades myself.There is a dead copy of the old Yardley pot of solidified brilliantine made by "Yacht Club" now,but I have not smelled or tried it.

Attachments

• $ya.jpg
    $ya.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 78
Thanks Malocchio. I have an old Yardley solid brilliantine tin somewhere. If I can find my ruddy digital camera I will post a photo. Every time I do it with a phone the photos are sideways.

I love this stuff! It's my summer scent.

Fortunately I can get it at the local Italian Grocery for $6 (for either style):

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421772300.840876.jpg

These pair nicely (at the OP suggestion in another thread):

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421772353.638175.jpg

I use Yardley brilliantine regularly. A superb scent and !ets the hair shine. The shine last all day. Its not over powering just a nice wisp now and again.

This is the older version.....not mine,no idea how it smelled,but I can imagine it was superb.

Attachments

• $yaa.jpg
    $yaa.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 61
A few oldies...

Attachments

• $line.jpg
    $line.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 59
  • $linetti-300x261.jpg
    $linetti-300x261.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 60
  • $linn.jpg
    $linn.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 60
Scott which grocery store in Ottawa sells it? While I'm still here I might go pick some up

Luciano Foods on the corner of Preston and Somerset has both the liquid and the solid.

La Bottega Nicastro Fine Food Shop on George Street in the Byward Market has the solid for sure, but they were out of liquid when I was there a couple of months back. They also have most of the Proraso line.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom