What's new

wee African:)

Thought the Wee scot was sort of boring.
proxy.php

Nice work! I'm also curious about the knot. I just got a vintage Wee Scot and it needs a new knot, but I'm not sure where I can find a small enough knot for it.

Ebony, used a TGN 16,actually measures 15.5.loft is set at 35mm,just bored a real deep hole,blooms out okay,no need to trim anything.
cannot believe people actually use these things:)

Thanks, spindlecone. I've still not decided whether I'll be restoring the Wee Scot I bought. It appears to have a 14mm knot and I don't want to widen the hole. So, I think if I do end up wanting to get it re-knotted, it may have to make a visit to Simpson.

Thx,thing was a PITA,am not set up to do micromachining.
Going to maybe do one in Ivory tomorrow,have sort of a enteracial set:)

I just finished a brush for a fellow B&Ber out of horn. Gotta tell ya, the tactile feel of something you made and finished blows everything commercially produced out of the water. I recently sold all my "restores" off so I can concentrate on my own customs. I will never buy another brush because, like yourself, I can do better :thumbup1::thumbup1:

strop

Now half as wise
I'm really anxious to try my hand at this as well.
What finish have you used for these. I use Tru-oil for things like chisel handles, screw drivers, and such, even some pens, but none of them are exposed to water. I'l likely try one with several coats of this, followed by wax. This can be renewed, and won't be submerged for any length of time.

Mark

Lovely brush! I lathered with an 18mm travel brush tonight. Real artisan made the handle! LOL of course it's Bill! I now have a hard time thinking of getting anyting but an 18mm brush if I needed another brush. My 20mm seems to be a bit "fluffy" for lathering on my face. Nice TNG brush, but I know now I like the 18" much better. Is loft the amount of brush sticking out of the handle?

Top Bottom