What's new

Injector Razor - Angle question

I've been using an injector off and on for a while and I've never had any problems with it. But I've read a few threads lately that made me start thinking I'm holding mine wrong.

I've read that you're supposed to hold the razor head flat against your face to shave w/an injector. I started using mine the same way I use a DE, holding it flat against my face and then adjusting the angle until only the safety bar (and blade) is touching my skin and began shaving.

This works for me, obviously, but maybe I'm really just scraping the blade accross my face when I should be holding it at less of an angle and more parallel w/my skin, slicing downward Vs slicing down and at an angle.

I know that my injector makes a very different sound when I shave compared to a DE. And depending on the cream, it almost sounds gritty, like I've got sand in my cream (this happens w/Proraso).

Is this normal, or have I not mastered the injector as quickly as I thought I had and I'm just scraping my skin and hair off each day? Is there more than one angle to shave w/an injector?

~Joshua

It sounds to me like your using the injector correctly. Yes the head of the razor should be held flat against the skin and then lifted just enough to cut the whiskers. I've also found that a light touch is even more important with an injector than it is with a DE. Additionally, just like DEs, injectors vary in the quality of shaves they deliver for each individual shaver. I get much better shaves with my old bakelite handle Schick than I do with my Eversharp/Schick with the plastic handle which has a noticeably different head geometry. I really like the injectors and enjoy the variety they provide in my razor rotation.

Top Bottom