What's new

what is your go to product when you are in a hurry and can't use brush?

If I'm doing multiple passes then a brush will take about the same or less as using canned foam, in my experience. I can whip the brush over my face a lot faster than I can squeeze out some more foam and smear it on. I've done 2-3 passes in less than ten minutes if I miss the balm and aftershave. The foam is kept for emergency shaves in the shower when I could not get away with not shaving. One quick swipe with a mild DE gets the worst of the stubble off. I try to avoid this emergency routine as much as possible as I don't like to start the day with anything less than a nice smooth face. Or a racing pulse.

In a hurry?! pishaw.
I might go with a two pass instead of a three or four pass....to save time.

Actually....the Casswell Massey cream works well without a brush lather. even though its labelled as a lather cream. I used that without the brush today.

But only because it doesn't lather up...not because I'm in a hurry to get the shave done.....lets be clear on that.
(usually I use it as a pre-shave, like an oil) before lathering up with something else.

I use the lather riser a friend gave me. His dad was a barber and it is the one from his barber shop. Nothing like a nice hot lather.

I just skip shaving. Has only happened once or twice in the past year though. I prefer a relaxed start to the day, so I get up early and take my time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I am in a hurry- Speick or Arko stick and face lather. Works real fast, and both lather supremely. If I am really in a hurry, I don't shave- if I get cut I end up skipping a day to heal, so really no difference.

Being in a hurry doesn't necessarily mean being pressed for time. Say you're sick and can't stand the thought of either your face itching for another minute, or a 45 minute ritual to shave just so you're comfortable. You want to get it done as fast as possible and back to bed.

Skipping a shave isn't always a viable option. Everyone thinks a little stubble makes them look just like David Beckham. Unless you are David Beckham, it probably doesn't.

Varvatos or one of the Lush samples I have left. The only time I use it is for an evening shave after I hear, "I'll be waiting in the car."

I used to use Edge when I was on vacation and didn't want to carry everything. Now it is Soap and a Brush or Nothing.

I could use an electric since I don't need a mirror to do that, but I get too much razor burn from my Norelco.

No brush = no DE shave for me. If I am in that much of a hurry I will dig out my electric razor. You can't rush a good DE shave.

My product(s) are Arko or Palmolive shave sticks face lathered with a 1-2 pass shave.

I've on occasion been in a hurry and forgotten to soak my brush. On that occasion I simply run a scrubby badger brush (the humble tweezerman is excellent) under tap water to sufficiently wet the bristles.

Because I've paid the price in razor bumps and ingrown hairs later, I'm extra diligent about technique, pressure and angle.

I have used my girlfriends Cremo
So what do you think of Lady Cremo? Is it similar in performance to regular Cremo, but with a different smell?

I've been thinking of getting some Lady Cremo to try out, since the citrus smell of CremoCream is the one thing that turns me off to anotherwise excellent product.

So what do you think of Lady Cremo? Is it similar in performance to regular Cremo, but with a different smell?

I've been thinking of getting some Lady Cremo to try out, since the citrus smell of CremoCream is the one thing that turns me off to anotherwise excellent product.

My girlfriend actually uses the original Cremo (we both love the orange citrus scent) and this is what she had on hand when I borrowed it. She tried a tube of the Lady Cremo when it first came out and according to her the performance was indentical but the smell was not as nice. I have smelled so many shaving creams since then but I want to say that the lady cremo smelled like sweet coconut. I also seem to recall comments that the lady cremo smelled like the original cremo before original cremo changed it scent to citrus (does that make sense?).

Top Bottom