What's new

Toothpaste

This maybe a question that has made the rounds, I'm not sure but. Has anyone used toothpaste to polish and or freshen up a razor? Just was wondering of toothpastes ability to do more than make your teeth white and if anyone has tried it on a strop, newspaper or balsa wood.
Thanks in advance!
Mike

Back in my younger days a did use tooth paste as a very, very mild cutting compound when fitting fine tolerance enginering parts. Worked then, but your talking 10th's of thous' of an inch.

Lots of people use toothpaste and a toothbrush to clean up their razors or to help clean up newly acquired razors from antique stores.

I just read a thread about this, last night. Somebody suggested rubbing toothpaste into some old jeans and using that as a strop. They said to use plain, cheap, white toothpaste that didn't have any gel ribbons or flavor crystals.

Glad I checked out this thread. I'd been wondering the same thing about using it to polish up a razor. :thumbup:

I tried it aggresively this evening and yes it does work! Went behind it with some turtle paste and my blade is much better. I even put some on some newspaper, let it dry and then stropped for about 75 on that and 75 on untoothpasted newspaper and then on my linen and leather and wow the edge is fresh. Cuts much better now! Try it!

Top Bottom