What's new

Castle Forbes Lime

Can anyone tell me how this works on sensitive skin? I'd love to try this for the summer, but sometimes citrus scents can be irritating.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how this works on sensitive skin? I'd love to try this for the summer, but sometimes citrus scents can be irritating.

Thanks.

It usually works well on my sensitive skin, unless my face is still sore from the previous day's shave, but in that case no creams or soaps will save the situation.

But yeah, I noticed that when using CF Lime without a pre-shave cream 3 passes is the max I can do, the fourth pass starts stinging. But when used with Proraso pre-post cream this issue is almost non-existent. You may need to get a sample before getting a full tub, everybody's skin is different and even the same person will react differently to the same cream depending on the shave that particular day.

Thanks.

Obsessed-
I am allergic to about every fragrance and scent there is.However,I have been using the Castle Forbes Lime cream for about 4 years now and it has never given me a skin rash at all of triggered any allergic reaction(which is rare for me). I doubt you'll have any problem at all. Its very luxurious but quite expensive too.

I would definitely get a sample before spending that kind of money no matter what everyone else says if you think you may have a negative reaction. I don't have the lime, but I do have the lavender and I love it. To date it is my best performing cream. Love it with the CF preshave.

I would definitely get a sample before spending that kind of money no matter what everyone else says if you think you may have a negative reaction. I don't have the lime, but I do have the lavender and I love it. To date it is my best performing cream. Love it with the CF preshave.

+1 I have it ad love it but better to get a sample first.

I finally caved and bought some. Yes, it is a fine product with a VERY lemon fragrance. Honestly, I thought it was extremely overpriced. There are better things to spend your money on.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Thanks.

Some men with very sensitive skin have reported irritation issues with CF Lime Oil. The only way to be certain about this is to try a sample of the cream before buying the full bowl.

I have fairly sensitive skin, and I get slight irritation from the CF limes and skinfood but not enough for me to stop using it. It just smells and lathers so great :)

Sample some to be sure. I have sensitive skin and have no problems with CF Lime. Check with Colonial Drug in Cambridge MA and you may be able to score a free sample :001_smile

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Sample is the way to go. I didn't, so my CF Lime ended up getting donated to Big Box 3. I have tried many soaps, creams, aftershaves, and have had a reaction only twice, the worst of which was the Castle Forbes .. the only other lime I recall trying was Kiss My Face cream which produced no reaction.

Where do you guys get your CF samples?

I could order a travel size, but that's still a fair amount of money to drop if I don't like it.

Or I could just go for the lavender.

It is sometimes difficult to really know for sure what soaps and creams that one will be sensitive to. For instance, I do not have very sensitive skin yet I can not use Castle Forbes Lavender. Lavender is a plant that is touted to have some healing properties for skin, among other things, yet I can not use it. Go figure! Sometimes it is a crap shoot.

Later,
Richard

It is sometimes difficult to really know for sure what soaps and creams that one will be sensitive to. For instance, I do not have very sensitive skin yet I can not use Castle Forbes Lavender. Lavender is a plant that is touted to have some healing properties for skin, among other things, yet I can not use it. Go figure! Sometimes it is a crap shoot.

Later,
Richard

Lavender is often touted as good for sensitive skin, and I use lavender products with no problem, but I understand that some people have a specific lavender sensitivity.

I love it and I have sensitive skin. I actually thought I had really sensitive skin until I started wet shaving the correct way and now I realize I dont. The CF limes is great. I use the shaving cream along with their lime a/s.
I recommend.

I finally caved and bought some. Yes, it is a fine product with a VERY lemon fragrance. Honestly, I thought it was extremely overpriced. There are better things to spend your money on.

Are you upset that you didn't like it, or the fact that you didn't like paying a lot of money for it? If you think there is better stuff to spend your money on why on earth did you buy it? Just saying...

I've purchased many, many shaving creams and I can honestly say that as much as I love Proraso, T&H and several others that CF lavender has been the best performing cream I have. You only need the smallest amount, smaller than any other SC I have tried, to make mounds of lather. Smells great, excellent cushion and glide, one of the easiest creams in my opinion to lather and delivers a great shave. What's not to like? I'd say ymmv, but unless you don't like the smell of their scents, or have reactions to them I don't know who wouldn't like CF shaving cream. Seriously. I can't blame anyone who doesn't want to pay for it for whatever reason and I know a lot of products spoken of around here are hyped, but I think this one deserves the praise it gets.

I finally got around to ordering a sample from Garry and I am very impressed. Not only does the lime scent not irritate my skin, but I finally understand the hype about CF creams. This is one great-performing cream that has me rethinking my almost exclusive use of soaps. The scent is a little more of a sweet, candy like lime than I was anticipating, but it's still really nice. I may have to spring for a tub of this.

I finally got around to ordering a sample from Garry and I am very impressed.

+1 I just finished my sample of this cream two days ago. Very nice cream and a great summer scent. I have a few more samples to try out but this was a strong performer.

Top Bottom