• Jickey

• June Clover

• Lilac

• Mosswood

• Oriental Spice

• Polar Ice

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I won't be buying any Aftershave any time soon. Not just yet. But, I'm always on the hunt for more information. Booster is a company that I want to eventually try. I know there are/were sample packs somewhere and it's probably going to be the way to go. We got a few reviews on the forum but not all of them. So, my big master plan will probably be to buy 2-3 of them at the time to try. I would really like to try all of them if I can.

So, which one would you recommend and why? I'm guessing that regardless of the scent, they all perform the same? Do they all have Menthol? When I see something like June Clover or Jickey, I'm not sure what to expect...

EDIT: Adding the review links

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
It was a toss-up between the Iced Lime or the Polar Ice. I went with the Iced Lime. This scent matches the JM Fraser cream. A nice light aftershave, especially nice in the summer. And as you suggested Luc, I would agree that they probably all perform the same.

I voted for Polar Ice. I haven't tried all the varieties, but I do love this one. Has that classic barbershop scent. It's one of my favorite scents hands down. I like it that much. It's pretty basic in terms of ingredients, but it does contain glycerin in addition to everything else you'd expect. I also have Iced Lime but that one doesn't contain any glycerin, so performance might not be the exact same for all of them. The only other I'm curious in trying is Lilac. :001_smile

I picked up a selection of samples from the Shoebox Shave Shop. I like the Mosswood. It reminds me a little of Brut. The Polar Ice is nice, but I wish it had more of a menthol kick. The Iced Lime smells too much like candy for my liking.

Luc

Staff member
Okay, I got lucky and was able to try this morning the Oriental Spice. First impressions, the AS works great. If they all work the same, I'm a new fan. Scent-wise, I was 50/50. I thought it was all right but it's not my favourite. So, 1st Booster AS, tick, tried! Quite happy with that!

I recently acquired a bottle of the Lilac. It smells exactly like Lilacs, plain an simple. Very nice. So that's 3 Boosters down for me, with Mosswood left to try. I'm not really curious about the others.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The Polar Ice is nice, but I wish it had more of a menthol kick.

I have a bottle of the Polar Ice. I've been using it steady since Xmas, and it's only half-gone (and there was some used before that.) These are big bottles that last a long time. (So samples are a good idea.)

I like the scent. Classic barbershoppy, without being "too much of anything." Inoffensive, in a good way.

I can't really find any menthol kick, though. I thought I had a bum bottle that either didn't get the menthol at the plant, or it sat on the shelf too long and the menthol dissipated (dunno if that actually happens, but just a theory.) The comment above suggests that I may have a 'good' bottle. If you are expecting the menthol kick of 'the other blue aftershave' ... ie Aqua Velva ... you will be :sad:

Hardware:
  • Merkur HD
  • Derby blade
  • Superior 22mm SBB
  • Weller bowl

Software:
  • KMF Key Lime SC
  • Witch hazel
  • Pinaud Lime Sec
  • Lucky Tiger's Vanishing Cream

Okay, I got lucky and was able to try this morning the Oriental Spice. First impressions, the AS works great. If they all work the same, I'm a new fan. Scent-wise, I was 50/50. I thought it was all right but it's not my favourite. So, 1st Booster AS, tick, tried! Quite happy with that!

Oriental Spice was the first Booster's that I tried, then Mosswood, June Clover, and lilac....I love them all and try to pair them with soaps/creams and then ultimately frags. I love them all...but find myself using the Oriental Spice and Mosswood more frequently because in my mind they pair better with several fragrances I wear. They offer a bracing effect that I like with my a/s, yet offers a bit of moisturization from the glycerin. I should sell the rest of my a/s because I don't even use them anymore, lol

I plan on trying the rest of the line very soon...but I'm trying to work my way through these giant bottles ;-) Oh, and I decant them into nice glass olive oil bottles because the factory bottles leave a little to be desired, and that would be the only drawback I'd cite.

Polar Ice for me. I've got to try the others, but Polar Ice is solid. It really works. Very soothing and a mild scent.

Jimbofett, where are you located? I have the iced lime and could send you a sample.

I didnt vote as Ive only tried the iced lime. Nice stuff makes your skin feal good. Definate quality there, just wish the scent would be a little more potent

Tyler

I just voted for Polar Ice. I really like that stuff. I just picked up a bottle of Lime last week at Pasteur in NYC. Nice candy-like lime scent from the bottle, splashed some on and the scent does not last for long, in fact, no more than a minute and I cannot even smell it on my hands afterwards. I'm disappointed in that. Pasteur had most all of them, and I stood there and smelled them all. I think they have a great product and will try some more in the future.

I have Polar Ice, Mosswood, Jickey and June Clover. It's a real toss-up between Polar Ice and Mosswood. They both smell soooo good. By the way, I added menthol crystals to Polar Ice and made it super sweet! I must try the lilac next!

I really like the Iced Lime. Like the others have said it is a light summer scent and leaves the skin feeling nice. I know many would prefer a little longer lasting smell from the Booster Classics but I work in an office that went scent free. So this works out well for me, light and subtle enough when I get to work nobody has complained

Oh and really for the price I think this is a must have.

Luc

Staff member
I bought a bottle of Booster Lilac and was able to try it. I so far tried Oriental Spice and Lilac. Between the two, I prefer Lilac. As I suspected, both work pretty much the same. I was looking for something that did not have any menthol since we are in winter. I have something for the Pinaud Lilac Vegetal so that's why I went for this one (I know, it didn't have much votes if I look up there).

Highest vote at the moment being Polar ice followed by Mosswood and Ice Lime. On my next AS order, I will probably try to get Mosswood and Ice Lime as they seem to be easier to get than Polar Ice. Stocks always change online anyways.

I reckon that I will be a customer for life with Booster as I love their product! The only downside is the bottle made of plastic but, I got an Avon decanter made in a shave brush shape. Perfect as a big 400ml bottle is bit too big for my liking. So far, the product changed scent a bit, more lilacs than anything.

If I compare to Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, the Pinaud has a lilac and some kind of green plant type of scent (50 lilac, 50 plant) where Booster is Lilac all the way. The booster smells like you stick your nose right in the flower. I will use it some more before I actually review it.

I wish the booster line would be easier to find locally in stores such as a grocery chain or pharmacy, those are real winners!

I got the Booster Bay Rum a few weeks ago, and not really impressed by it. There is practically no burn, and it isn't that spicy of a scent. Rather plain and "alcoholey" smelling. I'm thinking of dumping it on the B/S/T.
Pinaud Bay Rum is still my fave!

Top Bottom