What's new

Your BEST shot

A few of my favorites (Hopefully, they resize correctly? If not - I'll edit the post):

Macro:
proxy.php

Bomachant, Sud, Haiti; January, 2010
proxy.php

Florida (J.N. Ding Darling):
proxy.php

I'm no photographer by any definition, but I am enjoying learning my way around my new DSLR. I thought that these two came out ok.

dsc_0003-1_edited-1_1024.jpg

dsc_0013a_edited-2_1024.jpg

Last edited:
Love that Photo, Great job !! What settings and lens were u using?

Sorry, just saw this. This was using the lens that came with my Canon XSi - not sure what it is off the top of my head, just a stock Canon zoom lens.
Settings - f8, ISO 200, exposure was 1/160.

Beautiful photos everyone! It makes me want to get a nice camera (all I have is a run of the mill digital cam).

Do NOT assume that you can't take great pictures with a "run-of-the-mill" digital camera. Read up a little about photography and technique, learn the controls on your camera, and take it off automatic mode. Any basic camera out there is capable of excellent photography. The real challenge is knowing when to push the shutter button!

Do NOT assume that you can't take great pictures with a "run-of-the-mill" digital camera. Read up a little about photography and technique, learn the controls on your camera, and take it off automatic mode. Any basic camera out there is capable of excellent photography. The real challenge is knowing when to push the shutter button!

I'll have to look into it more! I just figured my camera wasn't very good. I'll have to read up on the controls, as I pretty much just snap the shot. I'm good at getting the angles and setup that I want, the quality of the picture just ends up turning out poorly. Thanks for the advice!

I'll have to look into it more! I just figured my camera wasn't very good. I'll have to read up on the controls, as I pretty much just snap the shot. I'm good at getting the angles and setup that I want, the quality of the picture just ends up turning out poorly. Thanks for the advice!

Here's an example of a photo taken with an Olympus C-700 UZ digital camera. This camera was introduced in March, 2001, and has a whopping 2.1 Megapixel sensor (much less than most cell phone cameras have today). It's not the tool...it's the craftsman who's operating the tool. Just like you can get a great shave with a $5 Gillette Super Speed you found in a junk shop, or a $200 Feather stainless steel DE razor!

$Morning_Glory.jpg

These are some off my trusty D60. I wish I knew more about photo editing - and cared more to carry a tripod more often.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Some incredible pics in here ! ..... A couple of pics from last weekends trip I took up to Glamis village in Scotland

1. Glamis Castle

proxy.php

2. A wee cottage in Glamis village

proxy.php

A rail bed cut into the side of a steep bluff. Just West of the Caney Fork River in Middle Tennessee. Photo taken from the Dome Car.

Attachments

• $Limestone cut view.jpg
    $Limestone cut view.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 234

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I got a few more shots as I was looking at a few pictures of previous trips and while I'm here (down under)... I took all of those...

Koala taken at the Cairns Tropical Zoo in Queensland, Australia
$Koala.jpg

The vines at the Lamborghini vineyard in Chiusi, Italy
$Lamborghini vines 1.jpg

I really like this one taken on Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia.
$Rocks.jpg

A Kangaroo in the La Trobe University reserve park, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
$Roo.JPG

A swan when I used to live in Macleod, Victoria, Australia
$Swan.JPG

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
One last picture...

The Colosseum in Rome, Italy
$The Colosseum.JPG

Top Bottom