What's new

Your BEST shot

here are a couple of my favorites.
proxy.php

Cheers,
Sean

this shot looks quite processed but to good effect, pretty striking

One of these three. Taken at a Battle of the Bulge Reenactment in January. Shot with a Pre-war Kodak retina II and hand developed the film myself. I'm going back and editing these pictures via photoshop now to try and correct contrast issues.

Awesome Curtis. I know these were posted a while ago but I wanted to say that the low contrast look is beautiful and adds to the vintage character!

The best? Don't know about that, but I'm thinking this is a decisive moment. I go to a gym where in the lobby there are four very large wood sculptures, kind of like chain saw sculptures; four human figures, two adult men and two adult women in casual clothes. They're about 10 feet tall and looking at them I think how they are in proportion to me as I am to a young child. That's why I like this photo; it reminds me of how it can feel to be a little kid.

Attachments

• $5087017653_703e0cbc78_b.jpg
    $5087017653_703e0cbc78_b.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 221
I go around town and look at the development. It's said people like to live at transition points: the beach, where water meets land; or the foot of the mountains; or near the edge of the cliff with a view. Well, I'm thinking that a city being developed is full of such transition points, but they are temporal rather than spatial. Here's three shots I've grabbed over the years, usually while riding my bike to and from work.

Regarding the shot of the crane about to chomp the dormer window... for years I took my film to a lab for processing (then I'd scan it and print digitally) and the lab was bulletproof. Meanwhile, for years I'd been looking at this abandoned old shack in my neighborhood, one block from my house, waiting for it to be torn down. When I got this shot I took the film to the lab and it's the only roll they ever goofed up; that's why the image is totally reticulated. Now I don't shoot film anymore.

Attachments

• $459487386_b286d0302e_o.jpg
    $459487386_b286d0302e_o.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 222
  • $331249485_f7b0cdc404_o.jpg
    $331249485_f7b0cdc404_o.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 225
  • $252588212_94f86ba417_o.jpg
    $252588212_94f86ba417_o.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 221
I go around town and look at the development. It's said people like to live at transition points: the beach, where water meets land; or the foot of the mountains; or near the edge of the cliff with a view. Well, I'm thinking that a city being developed is full of such transition points, but they are temporal rather than spatial. Here's three shots I've grabbed over the years, usually while riding my bike to and from work.

Regarding the shot of the crane about to chomp the dormer window... for years I took my film to a lab for processing (then I'd scan it and print digitally) and the lab was bulletproof. Meanwhile, for years I'd been looking at this abandoned old shack in my neighborhood, one block from my house, waiting for it to be torn down. When I got this shot I took the film to the lab and it's the only roll they ever goofed up; that's why the image is totally reticulated. Now I don't shoot film anymore.

All 3 photo have a stark, industrial doomed look, difficult to pull off. I like them.

Strictly an iPhone 4S photographer until I can pick up a new DSLR this summer in Japan. This weekend, I captured a few that I liked:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I took this one this weekend with my wife's point and shoot. For a sub $200 camera it takes some pretty nice pictures.
proxy.php

That's a really nice image, Texaninkc.
I was lucky to get this yesterday. Lots of wedding Shoots going on and the Chinese make a huge deal of it. While their results can seem a little staged, they certainly know what they're doing. I slightly annoyed the Pros by elbowing into their shooting space to grab this one, but it only took 15 seconds so I didn't feel too bad.
I can relate to that. I was at the Ho Chi Minh Museum when I came across some professionals shooting a wedding. Saw the moment and took this shot. If only those damn professionals would get out of my way :)

proxy.php

Top Bottom