What's new

Your BEST shot

One of my Daughter

proxy.php

Hi all,

New here at B&B and enjoy photography as a hobby. Here are a couple shots I've taken over the years:

$IMG_2009_07_29_0549_50_51HDRI_Enhancer.jpg

$IMG_2009_08_21_0007.jpg

Looking forward to spending some time here in the darkroom.

Thanks Oblique,

I love you TS shot above - looks almost model like. Did you up the saturation on this shot, as the colours look much more vibrant?

I'm really glad you like it, Nic. Yes, I upped the saturation quite a bit and the contrast too. Both of these steps are necessary to create a decent tilt-shift.

I am a casual cel phone camera photographer, but I did manage a good pic here, its my younger daughter and her Grandpa's dog Odin. This thread makes me want to learn how to use an actual camera, you guys are talented!
$odin and the baby.jpg

Surfingrob, that is one helluva photograph.

+1 - the star trails in the reflection in the water really put this one over he top.

Thanks Steve and Nic! Had a very detailed shot in my mind visualized, and lucked out the weather cooperated. A bit over an hour total (stitched from multiple shorter exposures). Left side light pollution from Seattle, and the moon coming up in the last few frames i cut out (light pollution on the right). Ranier has it's own weather and hard to plan, but lucked out with no clouds.

Appreciate the feedback!

Rob

This is cool. Could you tell us please which plug-in you used to create the tilt/shift effect?

Thanks David for the compliment, I didn't use a plug-in, I mostly do tilt-shifts manually in photoshop but used an action for this one. If you like, I can email you the tutorials.

JRM - those are some great shots!

playing around with settings a bit more i did another i like a lot.

Colville (NE Corner of WA) - buddy has some property we camped on and got this one:
proxy.php

a fun part of doing long exposure... what to do w/ your spare time! While taking the Ranier shot, playing w/ my GF's d80 we did this:
proxy.php

Silly fun. about 2 minutes of me running around with a Red LED headlamp drawing squiggly lines on the Element.

Thanks all for the positive feedback and response! I do enjoy photography and need to shoot more...

Some great shots here!!

Rob

Top Bottom