• Clogg Pruf

• Damaskeene

• Micromatic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
OK in preparing for Gemini I have listed the 6 SE razors I will be using. Vote for your favorite of the bunch and lets see what Gemini will be the most popular.

What's Gemini? A zodiacally based SE tradition I guess? I always wanted to th one of these things... Perhaps I'll do a wtb and join you gents

Ah ha. Now seems as good a time as any to take the SE plunge/experiment. Now to find one in a week... I might be late to the party :lol:

I think I'm ready. :tongue_sm
But son of a gun if I didn't forget to grab my Damaskeene for this picture. :angry:
My 1924s are Ever Readys, too, so they're out this time around.

proxy.php

I've acquired a couple more since posting my pictures in the other thread. Here's the team:

• 1912 GEM chrome travel set
  • 1912 Ever-Ready brass (not tried yet)
  • 1924 Ever-Ready
  • Featherweight GEM
  • Open Comb Micromatic GEMs (chrome and brass)
  • Clog Pruf Micromatic GEMs (chrome and brass)
  • G-Bar GEM chrome (not tried yet)

My experience with SE shaving is somewhat limited, but very successful so far. I've had the most shaves with the OCMMs, and they're my favorite so far by a slim margin, but I thoroughly enjoyed the 1924 also. I think I'll reserve my vote until a week or two into the GEMini party. Since I'm planning to only use TWO blades for the whole month, I should get a good view of how each of these handles performs across a spectrum of blade freshness.

HDStreetGlide,

My English Ever-Ready 1912, though I will probably sneak my GEM Micromatic Open Comb in for a few shaves :smile:

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

In fact, the ONLY SE razor that doesn't agree with me is the Micromatic OC! Every SE razor I have tried including all of the other Micromatics work great for me. And to think a razor as inexpensive as those can give such great results. :thumbup1:

In no particular order, I'll be using:

1. 1912 Gem Damaskeene
2. Gem Junior Bar
3. 1914 ER Little Lather Catcher
4. 1924 ER Shovel Head
5. Micromatic Open Comb
6. Micromatic Clog Pruf
7. Gem Push-Button
8. Gem Jewel (hasn't arrived yet, but should get here before GEMini ends)
9. 1912 Gem Open Comb Damaskeene (if I get it repaired in time)

Last edited:
Top Bottom