What's new

Night shavers

It seems most people here like to shave in the morning and it makes the most sense. Shaving after showering gets your face and stubble nice and hydrated and it makes shaving easier. The morning shave also gives you that clean shaven look going into the day. I am not a morning person, I am more of a night owl. My senses are not as precise in the morning hours and I am rushing to get to work in the morning. Rushing through the shave half a sleep for me would not be enjoyable and it would result in shaving off more than my stubble. I am a night shaver. Before bed I wash my face and then take my time and enjoy my shaving routine. I am relatively new here and I am wondering if there are others like me.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Hi, and welcome!! I shave at night, but with a straight razor. By the time I wake up I have a slight stubble growth, usually where I missed the night before, but still good enough for me.

There are more than a handful of us nightshavers here to be sure!!

i usually shave right before dinner. I have to get up at 5am for work and I am in construction so it makes most sense to shower right after work because that is when i am most dirty. I shave immediately after my shower then its dinner time

I shower and shave before bed. Since I started shaving with a DE and good blades, my night-time shave is close enough to last through the next workday.

I'm a night shaver. There's something about a smooth fresh face hitting a cool pillow that just has to be experienced to be appreciated.

T

true01

i usually shave right before dinner. I have to get up at 5am for work and I am in construction so it makes most sense to shower right after work because that is when i am most dirty. I shave immediately after my shower then its dinner time

Pretty much exactly what he said....

I shave at night during the week and in morning on the weekends. I have to get up way to early to try to get a good shave in the morning.

I'm a night shaver as well, wakes me up some so I can read longer...and that pillow thing, yeah I like that cool pillow clean face feeling too!

I find myself shaving at night after a long stressful day to relax...or in the evenings before heading out again...not a regular thing for sure...have a stubble by morning...

Night shaver here too! I try to get to work by 6AM, so getting up another 15 minutes early to get a shave in just ain't gonna happen. BTW, I don't have to be in at 6AM, I can set my own in/out times as long as I'm consistent about it. Kind of makes me an anomaly as a programmer...

-jim

I'm not a morning person either. Almost never eat a good breakfast unless I'm not working. Always shower and shave at night. I already have to get up at 3:30 so I'm doing good to get dressed and brush teeth at that hour. I don't shave BBS because my skin just won't take it on a regular basis. But a DFS will still start me out with maybe CCS in the mornings. On my days off I have been known to shave twice and if I can't shave the next day, only then is it BBS.

Yup, count me in as a night shaver also, or the earliest for me is around mid afternoon. No real reason why, it just works better for me. :w00t:

Same here, I'm too tired and don't want to injure myself or end up with a crappy rushed shave. I find it's more peaceful and relaxing to shave at night...

Night Shaver here. I never know whether my morning will be relaxed or hectic, therefore, the night shave is best for me. I can take my time, do as I please, and thoroughly enjoy the experience. I also do it this way so that if I plan on doing something the next evening there will be enough growth for me to get a good shave before I go out. If I shaved in the morning there would only be a very short stubble by the afternoon, and my barbed wire beard doesn't shave well unless there has been close to 24 hours of growth.

Top Bottom