What's new

Feather Shave Journal

Finished shave 4 with Feather AC DX (teak). I finally took the training wheels off and shaved with each of the blades available. I have only 4 straight shaves under my belt. I went from electric straight to straights:lol:
I liked the light blades the best. Felt smother on my face. The supers pulled. I think angle is the culprit or my lather was not up to spec. I shaved WTG for the whole face I had trouble with under the chin, have about 5-8 weepers. Cold water healed them right up. Under the nose for about 5mm is rougher than the rest. I used T&F Rose cream with the T&F preshave oil. WTG pass would ALMOST be equal to my electric. It is a little rougher than the electric at the moment. My angle is much better but I do have a long way to go yet. I am still having trouble maintaining the angle on the areas except side burn area. I have a little more razor burn than standard electric shave. This is do to several lather and shave attempts to clean up chin and neck area. I am having trouble with hand position to see where i am shaving. I used my left hand some and it felt awkward.

I'm just getting my feet wet with a Feather myself, I have the Japanese fixed handle model and so far I'm having better results then I ever did with a conventional st8. Keep us posted.

Top Bottom