What's new

How to Catch Fish: Or Not

Four of us went on a fishing trip recently. We were all in the same boat and used the same bait. And yet all of us except for one were catching fish - a lot of fish. We caught some Spanish Macks, Sea Trout, and an assorted variety of fish.

The one individual who was not catching fish was getting annoyed. He couldn't figure out what was wrong. So one fellow gave him his fishing rod all baited up and told him to try it. Within five minutes he was catching his first fish of the day. He put some new bait on it and nothing.

All of a sudden one guy came up with a possible solution: they guy who was not catching fish was a doctor and constantly keep his hands lubricated with Cornhuskers Lotion. Well the doctor washed his hands in the water and dried them thoroughly. Sure enough he started catching fish.

So the moral of the story, if you want to catch fish make sure you don't use Cornhuskers before you go fishing!:w00t:

Smoking while fishing can also transfer scent to your bait. A real shame too because fishing and cigars go together so damn well...:thumbup1:

First thing I do when I go out is dip my hands in and let them soak for a bit. After everything that does not involve the fish, bait, I wash them in the water. I have a o.k. track record for catching fish, some days are better then others. Remember the best weather to fish in is rain, fish love water:lol:

Last edited:
All of a sudden one guy came up with a possible solution: they guy who was not catching fish was a doctor and constantly keep his hands lubricated with Cornhuskers Lotion. Well the doctor washed his hands in the water and dried them thoroughly. Sure enough he started catching fish.

So the moral of the story, if you want to catch fish make sure you don't use Cornhuskers before you go fishing!:w00t:

Did you know that a salmon's ability to smell is 300 times more sensitive than a blood hound?

Before you fish, never:

Gas up your car
Put sun screen on (do it at home, then wash your hands)
Put insect repellent on (do it before hand)
Eat a pastrami sandwich
Smoke or chew tobacco

I live on a salmon/steelhead river. The best guides actually put their bait in tupperwear that they only use for bait, never wash the bowl with dish washing soap/detergent, and use medical gloves to put the bait on the hook. They take smell seriously, and catch a lot more fish than those who don't.

We forget about their sense of smell. We also forget about their lateral lines.

Top Bottom