What's new

Looking for a heavy pen

Lots of good options out there. Metal will be the heaviest option.
I've got a few Cross ball points that are nice and heavy.
They aren't expensive either.

Go to an office supply store and you'll find plenty.

You'll likely find that the expensive pens are lighter on average.
As I suggest to most people, find something you can get refills for easily.
It's a pain trying to track down refills for an oddball pen.

Rotring 600 series

http://www.montgomerypens.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=95

proxy.php

You know, one of the best ball point pens I had was a Parker Jotter. I had the all metal version and it was nice and heavy. Best thing was so many local stores had the pen and refills and the pen only cost about 10 bucks. Not a high end pen, but so many clients would comment on mine. Also, at 10 bucks, if you loose it, it's not that big a deal!
Link to check out.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Smoothshave:
I for one, love Montblanc Pens and I have a Rollerball "Starwalker" pen (engraved with my name and been with me over seven [7] years...around $275-$300 range), which I enjoy immensely because of it's weight, large diameter and ease of writing and beleive that all persons regardless of gender...deserve 'the finer thngs' too. :thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php
"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium". Norbet Platt

I have a Waterman roller ball that has a nice weight to it. Just thought I'd mention it even though you said you wanted a ball point.

This pen in particular had my interest:

proxy.php

It is a Waterman Perspective and costs 99 euro. It was quite heavy at the tip, just wonder if it can be more heavier.

One of the first 'fine' pens I had the pleasure of owning was a Waterman Carene ballpoint. It is the twisty type, which is worth noting. Anyway, the pen is made of a nearly solid couple pieces of lacquered brass, which makes the thing VERY heavy. It's easily the heaviest pen I own. I also enjoy the smooth feel of the Waterman ballpoint refills. I'd give it a strong recommendation.

It's available on ebay, Amazon or a number of other sellers. The prices seem to vary by which color you choose. If color isn't particularly important, there seem to be a couple models available for around $60 to $70 US.

I have 4 of the Cross Townsend and love them. They tend to be on the heavier side. The RB is a little heavier than the bp.

Legion

Staff member
Google "tactical pen" or "Self defence pen".

There are a bunch of manufactures making pens out of solid aluminium or titanium, with the intention for you to carry it as a self defence weapon, as well as a pen. They look pretty hefty.

I have a Waterman roller ball that has a nice weight to it. Just thought I'd mention it even though you said you wanted a ball point.

Yep...I've got an Expert II roller ball that I've had for about 12 years. Love it. Nicely weighted and puuurdy :thumbup1:

Parker makes a nice ballpoint that is heavy in classic black and chrome. I bought one for under $20.00 at Officemax and it takes Gel ink. writes very well (I use this when a fountain pen wont work... think carbon copies).

Dave

Top Bottom