What's new

Moustache

Hi,

I need some advice about how to shave my moustache. No matter how much I try, I can never get rid of it completely: there's always a distinct trace left. Can you guys offer any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yes, but it hasn't worked either. I have tried that as well as shaving both with the grain and against it (that is, downwards and upwards). I have also tried leaving the shaving cream above my upper lip for 5 minutes to soften the hair.

Well, I've tried disposable razors (Gillette Blue II, for eample), razors with cartridges, as well as DE blades. Would a straight razor be more effective?

It would help if you tell us what equipment you are using and your technique.

I shave my mustache area using the same 4 pass technique I use elsewhere on my face and manage to get rid of everything. However, I learned to pay attention to blade angle - which is tricky in that area.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try doing that today and see if there's any improvement.

I use a DE blade and pass it downwards at first, then side-ways (starting from the center), and then upwards.

I tried the 4 pass shaving technique. While it helped in getting a much closer shave in terms of my beard, it still didn't help that much with the moustache. I guess I'll have to live with it!

Thanks to all of you again :)

Are we talking about stubble you can feel, or just a visible beard shadow? There isn't much you can do about a shadow besides getting a tan.

But if you are having trouble getting a smooth upper lip, try some facial contortions. Make an O face, or push out your lip with your tongue. The idea is to create a flat surface for the blade. You might find that a particular shave direction works best with a particular contortion.

It's more of a shadow than an actual stubble, though that grows pretty quickly too. I'll try your suggestion about pushing out my lip. It might work. Thanks.

Top Bottom