What's new

I know its old hat to alot of you but....

SCS New Spice is awesome! I just got mine today and it smells so good i can't quit sniffing myself! This stuff is addictive.

I also go a sample of "refined" it smells good too.

Thanks Wendy for the great products and the special order!

SCS New Spice is awesome! I just got mine today and it smells so good i can't quit sniffing myself! This stuff is addictive.

Can anyone weigh in on what, exactly, this stuff is like? I've heard conflicting reports. One camp holds that it's more or less an A*Men clone with a bit less patchouli, another that it's more a traditional scent with some gourmand notes but otherwise fairly safe for the non-gourmand crowd.

Thoughts?

To me it is a soft, spicey, woody, fragrance but it has a sweet candy like tone to it.

Im not up to speed on whats gourmand and whats not. But I dont see a problem with any man wearing this.

I love Sue's/Wendy's products in general, but I do not like New Spice at all. And I am pretty whorish when it comes to scents. I like pretty much anything if someone else out there likes it. Although I admit, gourmand is not my favorite style by any means.

NS is very, very gourmand to me. But I know mine is a minority opinion, and women are said to especially like it.

I suppose it reminds me of Aventus in the women liking it respect. I do not like Aventus either. Not at all in fact. I do not usually dis any scent, and this is just my personal reaction. Your mileage will probably vary. I know this is a big seller for Wendy!

I wouldn't be too quick to write it off. But I have to explain, I tried a sample of New Spice a couple of years ago, and didn't care for it. I didn't like the sweet caramel smell, either. I haven't tried it again, although I do have 4 other SCS frags on their way to me right now. But when I smelled New Spice, it had the same sort of cloying sweet smell that I got from Caron Pour un Homme at that time. Since then, I've gone back and tried Pour un Homme again, and have really taken to it. I really enjoy the vanilla/lavender mix. Same thing with Grey Flannel. I washed it off the first time I tried it. But I tried it again recently, using a much lighter finger on the sprayer trigger, and truly enjoyed it. I haven't tried New Spice again, but probably should. Perhaps with a lighter application I might have a different opinion this time. As I'm writing this, I seem to remember a waring on SCS site to not over apply.

I'd recommend trying a sample, which you can order from SCS.

How a scent smells on you has alot to do with your personal body chemistry.
I know we all know this, but the point Im trying to make is Wendy sells samples of here scents pretty cheap. Try it before you write it off completely.

Can anyone weigh in on what, exactly, this stuff is like? I've heard conflicting reports. One camp holds that it's more or less an A*Men clone with a bit less patchouli, another that it's more a traditional scent with some gourmand notes but otherwise fairly safe for the non-gourmand crowd.

Thoughts?

OMG... A*Men... I sniffed this stuff YEARS ago, took home a test strip, couldn't stop smelling the stuff... Went back the next day and bought a bottle.

Wore it for 3 days, loved it, then on the 4th day it started to get cloying... Sickening, just god-awful.

Now a days if a fragrance even has a "hint" of what-ever that god-awful smell is as it's base-note, I can't stand it... L'Occitane Vetyver has got that same disgusting, gut-wrenching smell (to me.... my personal opinion only, many people LOVE both A*Men and the L'Occitane Vetyver.) I wish I knew what the note was that I find sickening...

I don't think it's the Vetyver itself, as A*Men doesn't have Vetyver listed as a component.

New Spice is definitely sweet, and definitely powerful. A little bit is all it takes.

I hardly ever wear it, because I don't care for it much. I do remember that the first time I wore it, I met my wife for lunch and when she hugged me said, "Mmmmm....you smell good."

So, there's that.

Good to hear! I have some coming in the mail right now, also ordered a puck of the "refined w/ menthol" soap. By your review it sounds like I did alright.

New Spice is definitely sweet, and definitely powerful. A little bit is all it takes.

I hardly ever wear it, because I don't care for it much. I do remember that the first time I wore it, I met my wife for lunch and when she hugged me said, "Mmmmm....you smell good."

So, there's that.

Best avatar EVER!

OMG... A*Men... I sniffed this stuff YEARS ago, took home a test strip, couldn't stop smelling the stuff... Went back the next day and bought a bottle.

Wore it for 3 days, loved it, then on the 4th day it started to get cloying... Sickening, just god-awful.

Now a days if a fragrance even has a "hint" of what-ever that god-awful smell is as it's base-note, I can't stand it... L'Occitane Vetyver has got that same disgusting, gut-wrenching smell (to me.... my personal opinion only, many people LOVE both A*Men and the L'Occitane Vetyver.) I wish I knew what the note was that I find sickening...

I don't think it's the Vetyver itself, as A*Men doesn't have Vetyver listed as a component.

Someone on here-- one of the regulars in the Fragrance forum, but I can't remember who-- said that A*Men smelled like a hippie wrapped in cotton candy. Which I can't really improve on...

Top Bottom