What's new

How does one become a mexican food reviewer?

It is a complex sytem that combines nepotism, graft, outright extortion, a desire to be #1, blackmail, the dewey decimal sytem, and a dash of desire to help out with keepin tabs on the forum's best interests...

In other words.....I have absolutely no idea how it works:w00t:

it is a complex sytem that combines nepotism, graft, outright extortion, a desire to be #1, blackmail, the dewey decimal sytem, and a dash of desire to help out with keepin tabs on the forum's best interests...

In other words.....i have absolutely no idea how it works:w00t:

+1

I like my coffee black so it's not me you need to impress... it's the fella's who like their cappacino's extra dry that you'll need to speak with.

I can tell you how it happened to me... I thought it was a kidnapping, the mods bundled me up into a van (i should have noticed the blue badges they were wearing, or the incredible close shaves) but i just thought "oh my gosh, a group of male models is abducting me!"

I awoke in nicks garage and was handed a mop and some rubber gloves, it was then i realized that i was being inducted, that i had a shot at that most precious rite of passage, that sacred task you must do before becoming a B&B mod... Cleaning nicks garage.

seriously though, there is nothing you can do, save for being a solid b&b'er. We notice guys who go out of their way to help newbies, post good threads, provide thoughtful posts etc.

We notice guys who go out of their way to help newbies, post good threads, provide thoughtful posts etc.

That leaves me out......:ohmy:

Perhaps they'll come up with a new badge: "detractor", or something along those lines for members such as myself....:tongue_sm

:lol::lol::lol: You guys always manage to crack me up. Thank you for your mildly informative answers, albeit mostly humorous.

I'm a Moderator on another vBulletin forum, and I was a SysOp back in the pre-Internet days of FidoNet, running a dial-up Opus board.

Its a LOT of work, and not for the faint hearted. The stuff that goes on backstage would probably blow your mind.

I picture the Mods are in a dimly lit Command Center that somewhat resembles a cross between an air traffic control tower, and Mission Control at Houston back in the Appollo mission glory days.

There is always a hum of constant moderating going on, Spam being deleted, BST corraling, etc....Then, just when all seems to be going smoothly.....

CODE RED!

"I repeat, we have a CODE RED in the Barbershop! All Mods on deck! Look lively there Austin! Someone wake up Ouch for crying out loud, this is serious!"

That's right, what had started as a simple discussion about gardening or some such had somehow taken a turn for the worse.....

The Mods break out the fireproof suits, claxons sound, and the flash of red sirens cut through the control room like the rockets red glare from the Star Spangled Banner...

"Prepare the heavy artillery! On my mark......

NOW!"

Like they do to arm a nuclear warhead, the Mods have to turn a set of two keys simultaneously on either end of the control room....tension is runing high....

Suddenly, the alarms go silent....you could hear a pin drop.....every Mod is holding his breath......

Did we get it?

Oh yeah! Mission sucessful! Yet another thread moved to the Clownhouse, well done, Men!

This is followed by alot of back slapping, drinks being poured, fine cigars being lit, and a sense of esprit de corp that is not often found outside of actual combat situations.....

Who told you about the mod control centre :mad3:

This is followed by alot of back slapping, drinks being poured, fine cigars being lit, and a sense of esprit de corp that is not often found outside of actual combat situations.....

To be honest, we skip straight to this bit a lot :w00t:

It's funny you mention a "mod control center." I was actually going to ask if there was a B&B headquarters somewhere, but I'm guess there isn't one? too bad, I was getting excited to visit...:c17:

I tried to bribe the mods out of a custom title with my chocolate nib espresso cookies. It almost worked. Then they saw the dirty sock I used to make the coffee. They made me steward as my penance.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
How do you become a steward?

First you have to go down 'the crossroad at midnight, with a bottle of Jack Daniels and your guitar...

That leaves me out......:ohmy:

Perhaps they'll come up with a new badge: "detractor", or something along those lines for members such as myself....:tongue_sm

You certainly are a unique breed.

I think we can just call it "The Craig"
It's not a title nor a person. It's a situation.

Top Bottom