What's new

Best razor for shaving around mustache and goatee

Hi,
I'm using a Merkur 38C with Feather blades and I love it.. BUT.. I have a half-height mustache that is over my lip, but the part above my mustache is exposed. (You might be able to see it in my profile pic).. Or you can see it in this pic here:

proxy.php

The problem I am having is that shaving with the Merkur is resulting in my mustache getting thinner and thinner because I can't tell exactly where the blade cuts. Pretty soon my whole mustache will be gone! I also need a little more control while shaving around my goatee as well.

What is the best razor for control in shaving around a mustache and a goatee? I guess I need a razor where I can almost see the blade.. where the blade is almost near the edge of the razor head, is that correct?

Would the PILS be such a razor?

What razor would you guys suggest for someone with my needs?

Thanks so much!

Charles

P

Pjotr

I tried the moustache razor from Merkur which was a complete waste of money. I'm now using a light, open comb DE razor (I've got a Souplex but I'm sure any one'll do). I'm also doing it dry i.e. no lather (just hot water) so I can see where I'm going and not cutting in to the mo. Seems to work and I'm not seeing the mo dissapear down the sink!

Top Bottom