What's new

Breakthrough!

So I've been wet shaving with a DE for about 2 months and this morning I had the best shave I've ever had! No irritation, no nicks/cuts, and it was very smooth.

I hate to brag, but it pays to have some patience when starting out. Just wanted others to know.

Everything came together just perfectly. My face has never felt better. You gotta love it when that happens. I used a red-tip Super Speed.

Just wanted to say I love B&B. Everyone here is so helpful!

Everything came together just perfectly. My face has never felt better. You gotta love it when that happens. I used a red-tip Super Speed.

I'm not surprised it took you a little while to get the hang of it with a red-tip! They are notoriously aggressive.

That said, since switching to a Super Speed I've had the best, easiest shaves ever. Perhaps the red-tip wouldn't be so bad after all?

Last edited:
So I've been wet shaving with a DE for about 2 months and this morning I had the best shave I've ever had! No irritation, no nicks/cuts, and it was very smooth.

I hate to brag, but it pays to have some patience when starting out. Just wanted others to know.

Just wanted to say I love B&B. Everyone here is so helpful!

Excellent, great to hear a success story! Now, if the threads are any indication, this goes one of two ways:
  1. You post a horror story shave due to overconfidence
  2. You post a thread asking about what next 5 or 10 soaps and cremes and blades to buy, your AD has hit!

Please let it be the second!!

Congratulations! It is great to hear about people having success! I couldn't agree more that patience is key to a good shave. Now if I could just follow that advice more often, I'd be better off for it.

I've been going for about a month and a half and I had my smoothest shave today as well. I really have gotten the hang of my neck growth patterns - they are verrrry tricky. Now that I really pay attention to them I got an awesome shave today. I drew a little blood, but I did have some bad irritation from using my straight hte other day. When I started DE shaving, my face used to feel kind of raw all over, but today I got BBS above the jawline and my face looks and feels great. My neck has a little irritation, but I have made leaps and bounds since first starting. I suspect my neck will soon catch up to my above the jawline shaves, and I will be one clean looking dude!

Top Bottom