What's new

Help with a new knot

So my Rooney 3/1 pure brush is shedding like crazy (3-5) hairs each use and I've been using it for some time. Only problem is I purchased it through B/S/T so I don't think sending it To the makers or someone would help. So my question for you gents is what would be a good TGN knot to redo the brush with would be? Here are the dimensions of the brush. Thanks for the help in advance.

Overall brush height: 94mm
Handle height: 50mm
Brush Loft: 44mm
Knot diameter: 22mm

The TGN two band or finest is a nice knot with backbone and some texture. If you like soft then Larry at WhippedDog has you covered with a Silvertip. Absolutely wonderful knots both of them. I meant both dealers or all 3 knots. Sorry

Last edited:
How long have you had it and how long has the person before you had it?
I have a 3/2 that shed like a ....uh... something that sheds a lot.
It lost a lot of hair and took a few months of constant use to settle down.

Try shampooing it. If it does settle down, it's a nice brush.

If you have been brushing in circles primarily in one direction you may be twisting the klnot and breaking hairs. Measure the broken hairs af its a 50mmloft and the hairs are 50mm or less they are breaking and knot coming out of the knot.Pluck it like a chicken to get the suspect hairs out you'll probably pull 30 or 40 but the knot is so dense you won't miss them. If that is the case be aware of how you are stressing the hairs and change your method of loading the brush and applying lather. Just my own thoughts may be way off base but I thought I would share anyway.

Top Bottom