What's new

Gin Drinkers Unite!

I think Gin is a very underrated Spirit. Most people go straight for the Vodka if they are going to drink a clear alcohold. I just love the botanicals in Gin. The more Juniper the better. :drool: Any other Gin drinkers out there?
Whats your fav gin?
Best inexpensive gin?
Whats your fav application?

A few years ago I was in the market to find a Highball that I really enjoyed so I could order it at parties and stuff. Because drinking beer wasn't doing it to for me anymore and a Margarita was just to complicated for those types of gatherings. I set up a blind taste test and found that Gin was my new alcohol of choice.

My favorite Gin is Bombay Sapphire. I know alot of afficianados will scoff at this but I just love the stuff. Beefeater is my second favorite because it smells like a juniper tree in a glass.
My fav inexpensive Gin is definitely Gordons, it gets the job done with a nice juniper finish.
Favorite application is G&T or G&7up. The 7up is nice cuz i like the sweetness, but If i feel a touch of malaria commin on i go for the Quinine in the Tonic.

What say you?

I don't have any real preference to the brand as they all agree with my taste. Even the cheap Seagram's is cool with me. Gin and Tonic, Gin and 7-up, Gin and Ginger Ale. It's a great summer mixer.

I love my Bombay Saph and Gordon's in a pinch. I'm also a fan of the occasional Tanqueray for the unique spicy notes, haven't tried Tanq Ten yet though.

Gordons for every day use, Bombay Sapphire for high days & holidays.

Served with ice, slice of lime &/or lemon and tonic or bitter lemon.

The occasional Singapoore sling also goes down a treat.

I don't keep vodka on my bar based on principal - I figure that way no one can ask me to make a cosmo or a a drink with vodka that really should have gin in it

My favorite lately is Hendricks but it is too pricey for everyday drinking and the cucumber and rose notes just get lost in certain drinks. My go to gin is Tanqueray but I have used New Amsterdam (around 10 bucks a bottle) in drinks like the aviation and had good results.

I'm I bigger gin drinker now, got really tired of vodka. Lately I've been diggin Gin Collins.
I've only tried seagrams for some reason.

Last edited:
Whats your fav gin?

Death's Door Gin - a local micro-distillery here in Wisconsin

Best inexpensive gin?

Plymouth Gin is my go to gin for many things

Whats your fav application?

Depends. Peak of Summer and it is hot and we have been working in the yard, a real Tom Collins: 1 ounce lemon juice, 1 tsp sugar, 2 ozs Gin in a tall slender collins glass packed with ice. Top with soda. Finish with a lemon slice and cherry. Absolutely refreshing and delicious.

I also like G&T with Q-Tonic. I'm thinking about making my own tonic.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

3 that i drink!

Fav gin is a toss up between Hendricks and Boodles. Go to cheap gin is New Amsterdam. It isn't quite as flavorful as some other cheap gins but it is ridiculously smooth.

Fav application is the G&T with a good dose of fresh lime. I go through a lot of these in the summer. Very refreshing.

Hendricks G&T with cucumber is my current drink of choice (although I feel pretentious holding it).

I don't drink particularly inexpensive Gin, so my inexpensive one would be Bombay (when it's on sale for about $35 I buy a few bottles).

I don't really think Tanqueray no. 10 is worth the money. Best off buying a bottle of the Scottish stuff, a bottle of tonic and a cucumber. It will convert anyone who thought Gin had too harsh a taste.

Aside from Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray, I really like a French gin called Josephine, which is decidedly not heavy on juniper and incredibly floral. I drink that one neat.

Favorite: Hendricks
Runner Up: Bombay Sapphire
Inexpensive: New Amsterdam
Drinks of choice: G&T and Tom Collins

I saw Death's Door mentioned in this thread. I've been meaning to give that a whirl.

Top Bottom