What's new

Widely available Dominican Corona?

Hey all
Just turned the ripe old age of 18 and would like to celebrate by learning how to smoke (and enjoy!) a good cigar. Through my research, it seems that Dominican made cigars tend to be the most mild-bodied, which would be good for a first-timer. Of the many sizes available, I figure it would be best to start with a corona since it's a pretty good 'baseline' form.

So with that said, what's a good brand to start with? There are two tobacco shops within a ten minute walk from my house so I have access to a good deal of cigars. Also, since this is going to be a special occasion I can splurge a bit.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Brendan

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hey all
Just turned the ripe old age of 18 and would like to celebrate by learning how to smoke (and enjoy!) a good cigar. Through my research, it seems that Dominican made cigars tend to be the most mild-bodied, which would be good for a first-timer. Of the many sizes available, I figure it would be best to start with a corona since it's a pretty good 'baseline' form.

So with that said, what's a good brand to start with? There are two tobacco shops within a ten minute walk from my house so I have access to a good deal of cigars. Also, since this is going to be a special occasion I can splurge a bit.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Brendan
Brendan:
Have a look at this link below in regard to 2 Dominican Cigars I would reconmend. :thumbup:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3041207&postcount=6

Christopher
proxy.php
"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma." Anonymous

Brendan:
Have a look at this link below in regard to 2 Dominican Cigars I would reconmend. :thumbup:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3041207&postcount=6

Christopher
proxy.php
"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma." Anonymous

+1 :thumbup1:

Also, don't be afraid to ask at your local shop(s). Anyone that works at a cigar store that is worth spending your time & money at will jump at the chance to introduce an inexperienced cigar smoker to some nice, mild sticks. You can spend as much or as little (within reason) as you want and still get a nice cigar or two.

I don't smoke many mild cigars these days, but I immediately thought of the Macanudo Hampton Court or the Ashton Corona as good choices to meet your criteria.

+1 :thumbup1:

Also, don't be afraid to ask at your local shop(s). Anyone that works at a cigar store that is worth spending your time & money at will jump at the chance to introduce an inexperienced cigar smoker to some nice, mild sticks. You can spend as much or as little (within reason) as you want and still get a nice cigar or two.

I don't smoke many mild cigars these days, but I immediately thought of the Macanudo Hampton Court or the Ashton Corona as good choices to meet your criteria.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll stop by a shop that's a block away from my house tomorrow. I'll update it with the new acquisition, looking online makes me see how this could be a new AD

I'm not trying to be a smart a-- or anything, but you know that you do not inhale a cigar as you would a cigarette I hope. That could make a huge difference on your enjoyment of even a mild cigar. I only mention it because nobody told me that when I turned 18 and bought my first stogie.:blush:

I'm not trying to be a smart a-- or anything, but you know that you do not inhale a cigar as you would a cigarette I hope. That could make a huge difference on your enjoyment of even a mild cigar. I only mention it because nobody told me that when I turned 18 and bought my first stogie.:blush:

No smart a-- inferred, I was aware of this but thank you for the thought to tell me :001_smile

No smart a-- inferred, I was aware of this but thank you for the thought to tell me :001_smile

Now that that's cleared, get yourself a nice Arturo Fuente Hemingway or Don Carlos. I don't disagree with the previous suggestions, but if it's your first, you might as well go for the gusto. :thumbup1:

Now that that's cleared, get yourself a nice Arturo Fuente Hemingway or Don Carlos. I don't disagree with the previous suggestions, but if it's your first, you might as well go for the gusto. :thumbup1:

Went with an Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Chateau and a Macanudo Cafe Crystal, going to try one or perhaps both over the course of this coming saturday

Top Bottom