What's new

Nano Scott

So i have been reading about the wee scott and finally decided to order one. I love it but I soon learned there was a smaller version made. Now I must have one. But i cannot find any info on them anywhere nor can I find one to buy.... Anyways the purpose of this thread is to see if someone has a pic of theirs.. possibly even beside a regular wee scott so I can see the size difference..
Cheers

And here is another.

full

The size 1 or "nano" Wee Scot was the ultimate test of a Simpson brushmaker's skill. Gary Young may be the last person who has made one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I wonder what skill set was needed beyond that of making a normal sized brush? Smaller so harder to bunch and shape the knot? Harder to pluck
those tiny hairs off the badger?

I wish I could see a nano scot next to a chubby! The nano scot looks tiny compared to the wee scot, and I've heard the wee scot is tiny compared to the rest of the simpson's brushes so seeing those two extremes together would be scary!

I wish I could see a nano scot next to a chubby! The nano scot looks tiny compared to the wee scot, and I've heard the wee scot is tiny compared to the rest of the simpson's brushes so seeing those two extremes together would be scary!

I'll take pictures of the Wee Scot 1 next to a Chubby 3 Manchurian...:001_smile

That IS a great photo, Peter. I love that the nano scott just barely reaches the shoulder of the Chubby 3! It makes me want one of each.

Simpson is cornering the 'shaving products for bacteria and single-celled organisms' market. A show of a master brushworkers skill - one who has access to an electron microscope.

Top Bottom