What's new

First SE this morning

After a couple months of DE shaving my skin has cleared up and looks fantastic. I decided I am ready to move over to a straight razor shave and ordered the poor man's kit from Larry (thanks Larry!!!).

This morning I took to my face with the SE and first thing I noticed....I can't see anything! Watching all these youtube videos I never really noticed that my hand/blade are right in line of my vision while doing my cheeks. I was expecting this area to be a piece of cake, but the obscured view complicated it a bit. I'll have to continue to adapt my technique.

Anywho, all things considered, I got a great shave with the exception of a serious hack I took to my cheek when I wasn't paying attention....I wasn't even shaving! :)blushing:). No razor burn or any other nicks so I am quite happy. I can tell this is going to take some muscle memory before this is easy though. Can't wait though!

I will definitely try that tomorrow. As my technique improves, I'm sure I will be less awkward with my strokes and handling of the blade. All morning at work I feel like I can see people starring at the line on my cheek where I hacked my face. I 'spose it's not that obvious, but it's there if you look (and I sure can feel it!)

Top Bottom