What's new

Gillette Fusion Proglide Cartridges for $0.49!

I might send this along to my poor father in law, alas, he thinks cartridges are superior in every aspect!! I got to spend mothers day morning (ok a half hour of it) at his empty home fixing his toilet. My wifes stepbrother is living there, while they are in Arizona (sunbirds). He was told to stay out of the father in laws bathroom, and to use the guest shower and bathroom. He is rather large and did not heed my father in laws wishes, resulting in a failed wax ring (shifting on the base, due to his enormous bulk- he is 6'3" and about 500 pounds!!!!) HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Long story short, I got to pull the toilet and fix this issue, he of course was nowhere to be found, called and left a message days before saying I would be there to help HIM fix it!@ As I am moving items around, clearing stuff out of the way, I spy what must be a decanter from the 80's, dustier than dusty up on the back of the counter, I notice it has a sailing ship on it!!! YUP, FULL of vintage juice!!!!! I am thinking this may constitute my fee, much cheaper than paying a plumber!!:w00t:

I actually like the ProGlide. I get a few in-growns from time to time, but stopped using it due to cost of carts. Went back to my Sensor, and just enjoyed using it more. Thanks for the post. Not all here hate cartridges!

I get 10 Red IP's for $2.00. That's 20 cents a blade and they last longer than proglide carts. Never going back.

I actually like the ProGlide. I get a few in-growns from time to time, but stopped using it due to cost of carts. Went back to my Sensor, and just enjoyed using it more. Thanks for the post. Not all here hate cartridges!

I think the sensor is a good cart razor. I still have a sensor handle in the den that I keep as a backup and for flying. I get tug and pull from all carts though and none with a DE so for me the DE is the best choice.

Plus, I've had to worst razor burn ever from the proglide when pushed one shave too many( anything beyond three shaves). My worst DE shave was light years ahead of that.

Nothing wrong with a cart if that's what works for you.
I still use Sensors and Atra-types for travel.

I haven't touched a cartridge razor in 6 months. However, I tried a Schick Hydro 5 the other day for the first time since DE shaving. It was... different. I didn't enjoy it as much as my DE razors, but it wasn't as horrible as I remember it. Maybe because my prep is so much better now with what all I've learned compared to what I used to do (canned goo).

Last edited:
I hadn't touched a cartridge razor in about five years before coming here. The rabid anti-cartridge fanboy cult here helped convince me to give them another shot.

I get phenomenally good shaves from them now. Thanks for helping me reconsider them and get better shaves.

Interesting coupon. They may have some backlash...

I've noticed here in Los Angeles, grocery stores and drug stores have put the razor blades under a number of different security measures...

Some stores have video cameras very obviously aimed at the blades replete with a monitor hanging right over the blades that screams "we're watching YOU." Walgreens has an alarm that goes off when you open the weird aisle display that houses the blades. They'll soon only be available in the pharmacy along with the Sudafed...

Stores must have huge theft problems with these now quite pricey blades.

I will not go back,
since i learned properly how to shave with a DE and how to get a close shave with it, the result with DE is a lot superior, a cleaner finish.
But i have a Mach 3 razor that i use sometimes when im in a hurry, but when i use it it only reminds me how good the DE shave is.

From a purely practical standpoint, a cartridge razor with proper prep and technique works well for me, but I'm hooked on DE shaving.

If the normal price of a cartridge on the latest Gizmo was usually under four bits, I might never have made the switch. :blink:

I hope my SWMBO never sees this. I won't be able to use the cost of blades as an excuse anymore. Maybe I'll develop an allergy to cart plastic or lube strips. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Top Bottom