What's new

Simpson's Brushes - Isle of Man

Hello,

I have family attending the Manx TT in June and was wondering - does anyone know if Simpson's Brushes are available from the factory?

I don't know, but you can send a PM to Mark from Progress/Vulfix, manufacturer of Simpson brushes. His User Name here is A. E. Simpson 1919.

I know you can order from their web site because I did it this morning. The web site does state "Please note that all of our Simpson Shaving Brushes are bespoke products and hand made to order. Therefore please allow 7 - 10 days maximum for delivery, taking into account manufacturing & shipping times."

That is a wonderful gesture. It is so hard to get anyone interested in handling their consumer base directly anymore. I would skip part of the TT for the chance to poke around Simpsons and Progress Vulfix!

Regards, Todd

Last edited:
I believe Mark has completely underestimated the tourist value to what his organization is about. History, Craftsmanship, and the biggie TRADITION. Somebody organize the tour, I want to go and buy some souvenirs at Marks Place.

That would be awesome; getting to see one of, if not the coolest, motorsports events in the WORLD, and a visit to the "shop" to pickup a bespoke brush! This is high on my bucket list!

The greatest sporting event on the planet ...

and it's at the end of my back garden ... :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldZiR9eQ_0&feature=fvwrel

I LOVE the Manx TT!!! I went in 2000, the last year that Joey Dunlop raced there. It was by FAR the most amazing motor sports race I've ever had the privilege to witness, but I was also struck not just by the beauty of the island, but by how amazingly gracious and downright welcoming the Manx people were in the face of about a million foreigners descending upon their tiny island and trampling the rose bushes. I would seriously LOVE to go again, and next time I'll be sure and visit Simpson Brushes!

P.S. I especially LOVE the fact that you can watch the race go by from your garden or in some cases out your bedroom window! Loved standing outside the pub with a pint watching the race roar by!

Last edited:
I LOVE the Manx TT!!! I went in 2000, the last year that Joey Dunlop raced there.

Yes a remarkable race with a long history. My ATF was John Surtees. The only man to ever win a World Drivers’ Championship on two and four wheels. Altogether Surtees competed in 15 TT races and finished in all except the 1956 Junior. He rode Nortons first in 1954 finishing 11th in the Junior and 15th in the Senior. He turned to MV Agusta in 1956 and his record reads - 1956 Senior 1st, 1957 Junior 4th, Senior 2nd, 1958 Junior and Senior 1st, a feat he repeated in 1959, and 1960 Senior 1st and Junior 2nd

Sweet! Now I know where we're going for our 10th wedding anniversary. You guys think I should run this by the SWMBO first?

I strongly suspect she'll LOVE the Isle of Man. It's a great vacation spot, I doubt she'll begrudge you a visit to a Brush shop. Just don't go during the TT unless she also loves motorcycles and crowds.

What a combination: Simpsons and scotch. Don't even tell me you're not going to get scotch while you're up there. :001_tt1:

Top Bottom