What's new

Taking an interest

I've been interested in looking at straight razors and safety razors for a little while now but never actually looked into them. I've started doing research now and I ran across your site here and it looks to be a great place to talk to others like me who are interested in the art and tradition of a shave.

Just wanted to say hello, right now i'm looking around at safety razors trying to decide which to get, thinking about a Parker 91R Super Heavyweight Double or a Merkur HD 34C.

I'll let you know what i decide on getting and see what you guys think!

Welcome to your new home! I'd say to stay away from the Parker and go with the HD. Have any questions just ask, we're here to help.

Welcome to B & B. I bet you didn't know there was so much stuff out there. What to buy? I have over 50 razors and am still asking that question.

Wow thanks guys for all the kindness! I will be looking around and ill be sure to post what i plan on getting. I'm calling it a graduation present to myself as i just completed my last day of college!

You're going to get tons of contradictory advice, but don't worry, everyone ends up getting a good shave once they figure out how the apply the general principles to their specific face.

Personally, I'd skip both razors you mentioned and buy a vintage Superspeed off the b/s/t section here. Cheaper, more reliable, better built despite being 40+ years old, and proven to work on almost any face. Plus they have that indescribable 'cool factor' that well designed products from the 50s/60s/70s have, and nothing produced since has ever managed to recreate.

Top Bottom