What's new

Vienna Austria

We're taking a trip to Vienna at the end of the summer. I can't carry DE blades on the plane, and I'd like to take anopportunity to pick up some Euro shaving products not availabble in the US. Any recommendations for shopping in Vienna?

I used to work in a store that had a large bakery.the bakers were all germans...according to them,everything germany made was "the best"...everything EXCEPT pastry !! every last one of those guys would sit and reminisce over their trips to austria ,and how no other european bakers could match the skills of the austrian pastry makers..you better check on this and let us know if it is true ! sadly,the only made in austria product I know of is the great alt innsbruck aftershave...you will be lucky to buy this stuff at a reasonable price there...you can legally carry double edge blades in your CHECKED luggage,but not your carry on..have a great trip !

I used to work in a store that had a large bakery.the bakers were all germans...according to them,everything germany made was "the best"...everything EXCEPT pastry !! every last one of those guys would sit and reminisce over their trips to austria ,and how no other european bakers could match the skills of the austrian pastry makers..you better check on this and let us know if it is true ! sadly,the only made in austria product I know of is the great alt innsbruck aftershave...you will be lucky to buy this stuff at a reasonable price there...you can legally carry double edge blades in your CHECKED luggage,but not your carry on..have a great trip !

Thanks for the tips and the good wishes. Blades in checked bags are indeed OK. But you do have to check a bag, and we're trying to stick w/carry-ons.

I knoiw about Austrian pastry (my grandmother's sweet rolls and cheesecake). But I've never heard the description quite that way before. I'll re4port back.

The wiki doesn't have much information for Austria, but hopefully you can help correct that when you return (http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php?title=Austria_Shopping_and_Suppliers). Besides Alt Innsbruck, another Austrian product is Knize, and I would expect to see some German and Italian products too.

In Vienna, DR Harris has a stockist (http://www.drharris.co.uk/stockists.php) called Esbjerg, Krugerstrasse 7, 1010 Wien, 43 1 513 19 36. They also appear to carry the 3T's and a lot of other products. I would start there: they may sell blades too, or know where you can buy them, and it sounds like a great store to visit. http://www.esbjerg.com/

There is a Knize store in Vienna.

I recall seeing some iteration of Pitralon aftershave at one of the drug stores. Other than that, I didn't see a whole lot of wet shaving stuff there.

the only made in austria product I know of is the great alt innsbruck aftershave...you will be lucky to buy this stuff at a reasonable price there...

No. You won't :001_unsur
But you can get some other goodies in the drugstore chains like Müller, BIPA and DM.
Look out for a "Müller"-store if you are into Speick, Tabac, Sir Irisch Moos or Palmolive.

- Austrian Pitralon After Shave (Original, Polar)
- Haslinger shaving soap (serveral sorts) (to be found @ Douglas - if you can get your hands on it - TAKE IT. it's one of the best shaving soaps available)
- Shave sticks (Wilkinson, Palmolive "Gut 2,2", Speick, Tabac
- Shaving creams like Palmolive Classic, Speick or Gillette. All good ones.

You'll hardly find any Italian stuff - maybe at Esbjerg - but not at a reasonal price. It's way cheaper in the US online-shops ;)

No. You won't :001_unsur
But you can get some other goodies in the drugstore chains like Müller, BIPA and DM.
Look out for a "Müller"-store if you are into Speick, Tabac, Sir Irisch Moos or Palmolive.

- Austrian Pitralon After Shave (Original, Polar)
- Haslinger shaving soap (serveral sorts) (to be found @ Douglas - if you can get your hands on it - TAKE IT. it's one of the best shaving soaps available)
- Shave sticks (Wilkinson, Palmolive "Gut 2,2", Speick, Tabac
- Shaving creams like Palmolive Classic, Speick or Gillette. All good ones.

You'll hardly find any Italian stuff - maybe at Esbjerg - but not at a reasonal price. It's way cheaper in the US online-shops ;)

compared to the swiss and german pitralon,how does the austrian formula compare ? this one is really tough to find in the u.s...

Top Bottom