What's new

Newbie Check-in.. sorta newbie..

Hey guys, I have been reading and reading about wetshaving and DE blades and finally joined. Resistance was definitely futile! :001_smile Then I went on a mini buying spree. I had previously used DE but soon jumped to the Sensor Excel and then the Mach3. About a week or so ago I shaved with a DE and cut myself in like 5 places. Will need more practice to get used to a safety razor.

So far I have bought:

Pinaud Clubman AS (absolutely love it)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum (great stuff.. got 2 bottles so far)
Pinaud Clubman Talc
Pinaud Clubman Hair Gel
Jeri's Hair Tonic
Master Bay Rum
Aqua Velva Musk
English Leather
English Leather Musk
Florida Water
Brut AS
Old Spice AS
Groom and Clean
VDH Boar Brush and Williams Mug Soap (just had to buy those and come home and shave.. all those cuts and blood was totally worth it.)
Found me a 3-piece safety razor

Next I want to sample different soaps and creams. Definitely want to move up to a Badger brush and a straight razor. Ofcourse I want to sample the 3Ts too! Also thinking of getting the Clubman hair tonics and other products. Am considering placing a sample order with T&H for the sample pack that comes with the Badger brush.

Want to give Proraso a try as well since its so popular around here. Hope I manage to grab the right one.

Any tips, insights etc are very much welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B! It sounds like you are well on your way, only I wouldn't call that a mini buying spree.:lol::lol:

Yeow! You are on a roll!

Welcome to B and B!

This is the blog I found most valuable in giving direction for purchasing brushes.
http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/best-buys.html
I still refer to his judgements about brushes. I do not own a "New Forest Brush" and have no plans on getting one. I'll stick with the older and established brush makers.

Proraso is a good product, but the scent doesn't make me as happy as some of the three T's. I went over the top with almond scent, and now do not care for it.

Have fun with this adventure!

Thanks guys. Am very excited. Just a few shaves later I can tell the difference. :thumbup: This is going to be fun for sure. :w00t:

Hello to all,

I've been shaving now for 46 yearss, and in that time I've gone through all kinds of equipment. I've had electric shavers from Remington, Braun and Philips/Norelco and then wet-shaving with lots of different blades. I also had a full beard for nearly two decades of my life. About twenty years ago, I got the best shaves of my life with a Merkur-Rozer, Wilkinson double-edge blades made in England and the Erasmic Shave Stick. I became allergic to something, and went back to electric shaving for a while. About five years ago, I got sick of the electric shavers, and started wet-shaving again. In this time, I've had Gillette Mach 3, Gillette Fusion, Wilkinson Quattro, and now I've got Wilkinson/Shick Hydro 3. As soon as my supply of blades is used up, I'm going to try double-edge shaving again - with Wilkinson Classic and, for starters, Migros Shaving Cream from Switzerland. By the way, the older I get, the harder my beard gets.

I hope to contribute more in future, and look forward to hearing the views of the other members. Thank you

Gauthier-Henri

Top Bottom