What's new

Voskhod

The other teflon-coated blade I was interested in finding out more about is Voskhod. Over at the Shaving Den someone started a group buy. He planned to get 4000, but those went in a day. So he got another 4000, which went in another day. And then another, and he still has people on a waiting list. Either people over there really love those blades, or maybe they just couldn't resist blades at $5 per hundred plus shipping. But I don't read much about them here. Has anyone tried them lately and care to offer an opinion?

I've been using them since the supply of Iridiums dried up. They aren't my favorite blade, but for the price they are hard to beat. My two favorites are Feather and Gillette 7OC Super Plats, but I paid about $.35 a blade for them. I bought my stash of Voskhods for about $.08 per blade delivered. I've been getting 4 or 5 good shaves per blade. The only blade I have at a comparable price is the ASTRA SP. I find these much smoother then the Astra offering.

Blades like everything else are YMMV, the only way to know if you like them is to give them a try.

Hello, I recently had a chance to test it. It didn't work for me - definitely a sharp and aggressive razor, left me with nicks every time I tried it (although my regular blades are the Feather-assassins).

I've also tried Rapira and Sputnik - latter being the best performing one for me, very soft on skin yet sharp.

If they're only a nickel apiece I know I'd snatch 'em up. Haven't tried them but there's a consensus that they don't particularly bite big bowwow.

The other day I pulled the trigger on 300 Shark SS at only 7¢ each with free shipping from Europe to here in Nova Caesarea. And I already know I like them and even have a carton of the Shark SC "in stock".

BTW, I think many if not most blades have a coating of PTFE (i.e., Teflon ®) so don't let them beguile you with wordplay. After all, the finest bourbon whiskeys all have Dihydrogen Monoxide as an essential part of their recipes. :huh:

Top Bottom