What's new

Newbie checking in

Ive been lurking around here for quite awhile and figured it was time for me to start posting. Ive been shaving with a DE and badger for alittle over a month and have really learned alot from you guys. thanks for all the help you guys give us newbies without even knowing you do so.

Jeremy,
Welcome to B&B, great to have you with us. As you have already seen there is much to read, much to learn and friendly people whos good advice is only a mouse click away.
Happy Shaving

I see you have a slant. I have a Progress and a 38C. The Merkur slant will probably be my next razor purchase, but I'm waiting to improve my technique (I'm a 3 week Newbie). As a fellow newbie, how do you find the Slant?

Welcome. I used my red-tipped Super Speed just this morning. Great shave. Enjoy yourself, and ask questions as needed.

The slant was my first real razor (I started useing my Great Grandfathers Tech), I ordered a HD a few days before i ordered the slant to give myself time to get used to the feel of the larger handled Merkurs but as luck would have it showed up before the HD. I love my slant, i mostly use it when i have a few days stubble to knock down with a Merkur Blade. I know the Merkur brand blades are loved by some and hated by more, I tried them all my razors and couldnt get a good shave out of them and then i remembered that i got a great shave from them in my slant, so im trying to work through the pack i have. I didnt have any problems using the slant when i first tried it, took my time and made sure my face was well lubricated with lather. I dont shave with it everday (to many other razors:biggrin1:), even though i could.

Thanks for sharing about your experiences Jeremy. Sounds like you have a healthy respect for that slant and that probably goes a long way in the no-nick club.
John

Top Bottom