What's new

Is there a difference between Lord Platinum and Lord Super Chrome?

Hello,

I wish to buy a pack of 100 Lord blades.
I hesitate between 2 varieties. I sometimes read that they were identical.
What do you think about this?

Of the Lord blades I prefer the Super Stainless but I can get decent shaves out of the other ones as well. I am not so sure whether I prefer the Chromes over the Platinums or vice versa. Sometimes I think they are identical and the difference is only in my mind or due to a different prep and sometimes I think there is a real, but small, difference (in favor of the Chromes).

Have you tried any of their blades before or are those 100 blades your first encounter with Lord blades? You might consider trying them, or any other blade for that matter, in smaller numbers before you buy them in bulk.

I prefer the Chromes over the Platinums or vice versa. Sometimes I think they are identical and the difference is only in my mind[...]

Yes. Could it be that those two coating are simply equivalent in terms of performance? Wouldn't surprise me since the edges are the same, the steel is the same, etc. I doubt the actual chemical composition of the coating makes a noticeable difference for the user, for as long there is a coating.

In a blindfold test I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference

not that anyone should be shaving blindfolded

Top Bottom