What's new

Blade usage

okay, i have two new safety razors and two sets of blades, the first razor is a gilette super speed, i've used merkur and wilkinson blades on it just fine
but now i have a merkur 27c, i believe, and was wondering if i will get peak performance using the merkur blades that i have

OH! and also, before i forget i picked up a pack of 100 derby blades off amazon and was wondering if the shave performance would change onces i switched to derby once the merkur 10blades ran out?

Good questions with vague answers, I'm afraid. Different blades work differently for different folk, so you never know what you'll get.

I like Merkurs, but they don't seem to get a lot of love. On the other hand, Derbys get mad love, but you couldn't pay me to shave with them because it just feels like they pull the hair out. Full disclosure: any blade besides a Feather seems a little dull to me.

If you haven't tried a lot of blades it is hard to get a good ground upon which to base comparisons. PM me your address and I will drop some packs of various origins to you.

Be seeing you.

I used to really not like the Merkurs, but after revisiting them once I got better at shaving, they are a pretty good blade. As you will probably find, blades work differently in different razors. YMMV of course.

Top Bottom