What's new

Bleu de Chanel.

I was taking a cruise through the fragrance boutique at SDM today and the SA steered me over to Bleu de Chanel based on what I was describing to her.

I think I'm in love with that scent.

However, the super high price isn't in the budget for this lifetime.

Anyone else familiar with this fragrance?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
My Blonde Nurse and I picked up a bottle of this at Sephora after Christmas for her 20 year old son and I understand he enjoys it. I picked up my bottle of Dior Eau Sauvage that same night which is more my speed.

Yes, I have it. Wears a little light for my tastes. Probably a good summer scent.

It's kind of Chanel's entry into the "modern" aquatic/blue scent market I'd say. It's not a bad scent. A bit nondescript. I'm sure a lot of women like it on men if that's a priority. Basenoters in general mostly like it. Some a bit bummed that Chanel "conformed" to the current mainstream tastes. Not particularly ground breaking, but very well done.

I have nothing bad to say about it, but there's nothing about it that really grabs me. BUT that's my tastes. YMMV. Since it's Chanel's new kid on the block and being heavily advertised right now, it might be awhile before it shows up with some of the discount websites. But scan them anyway. Also, you can get a 50ml bottle.

Last edited:
I'm big on Aquatic scents at the moment.
Being relatively new to the fragrance thing, I don't really know the classics. I do know what I like!
Since I was in my early 20's I've been using CK fragrances of various kinds.
I'm 34 now. It's time to step up a little.

Yes, I have it. Wears a little light for my tastes. Probably a good summer scent.

It's kind of Chanel's entry into the "modern" aquatic/blue scent market I'd say. It's not a bad scent. A bit nondescript. I'm sure a lot of women like it on men if that's a priority. Basenoters in general mostly like it. Some a bit bummed that Chanel "conformed" to the current mainstream tastes. Not particularly ground breaking, but very well done.

I have nothing bad to say about it, but there's nothing about it that really grabs me. BUT that's my tastes. YMMV. Since it's Chanel's new kid on the block and being heavily advertised right now, it might be awhile before it shows up with some of the discount websites. But scan them anyway. Also, you can get a 50ml bottle.
Same for me. And when I want something "stronger", I really like Pour Monsieur (concentré), also from Chanel.

I definitely didn't love it. It smells like they played it very, very safe and produced something rather bland and generic. Perhaps even insipid.

If and when I pick up a Chanel, it will be Cormandel.

I'm loving the different opinions on this.
The conversation has given me other ideas to explore. :thumbup1:

I haven't ever really been huge on any of Chanel's "designer" offerings. I haven't tried all of their "Les Exclusifs" line, but I did enjoy Sycomore. It wasn't quite FBW, but it was a nice, deep, smokey vetiver.

Big fan of the chanel Platinum Egoiste. Vanilla, Spice, woodsy... a die hard scent.

What was the price tag on the Blue De Chanel?

Top Bottom