What's new

Guess that mysterious item

Give us another angle. I don't think the end posts are tubes (I was thinking a filter). How 'bout a light drum?

sorry I dont work on weekends, and your wrong. There are no holes that you can see. It has no moving parts, no batterys, and no cords. Better luck next time.

lightning arrestor fuse

curler
not a lightning arrestor. I thought a curler was a doughnut? Yes, it is a fuse. Not your average fuse, this one is for 12,000 volts. It is between the utility and a transformer that drops the voltage from 12KV to 4160 volts.
Your up!

I was thinking fuse at the beginning, but the complete lack of markings made me think otherwise. I guess next time I'll just punt.

OK, here we go. It's about 25mm tall.

$IMG_0486smcr.JPG

The lable is on the other side. You didn't think I would make it that easy, did you?:001_smile

He he, of course not - just a lot of times these kinds of "industrial" items have all kinds of markings all over them, part numbers ink-sprayed in the production line, etc. With the really "clean" surface I was thinking something more along the lines of some sort of a transfer roller etc.

Top Bottom