Thread: Injector blades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Injector blades

Anyone know if any of the injector blades from here: http://razorbladeco.com/products/25-...tor-blade.aspx would be usable for shaving? I know they don't have the injector for loading, but I've got some injector razors that are easy enough to load loose blades into.
    Irwin

I doubt it - typically blades designed for industrial use and sold this way are not great for shaving (that being said, I've never tried these ones).

A better place to get injector blades cheap is Ted Pella - a surgical/laboratory supply company.

They sell very good injector blades for $4.60 per cartridge of 20, which is a great price. The blades can be a bit harsh for the first shave (because they're so sharp), but smooth out nicely.

Item 121-4 on this page http://www.tedpella.com/dissect_html...tm#_121_20_pal
    Chris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Chris. I have used the Ted Pella/EMS injectors and they seem fine to me. Have some Chinese Schick injector I haven't tried yet too. Just on the look out for some other options, provided they're good ones. Anyone ever buy any of the bulk (500) carbon steel injector blades from Ted Pella or EMS?
    Irwin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I have had good luck with the chinese schicks you can get on amazon. Cheap and effective.
    -- Chet
    On the wrist this week: Fortis Millenium Starship Limited Edition Flieger Chrono in Valjoux 7750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    I have had good luck with the chinese schicks you can get on amazon. Cheap and effective.
    -- Chet
    Yup, I am getting about 10 shaves per blade out of them. I can usually on get 2-3 shaves out of DE blades. Makes them very cheap per shave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Irwin those are interesting blades, I'd like to try them. Wonder if there's any way they'd sell a smaller amount?
    Tom--- Founding member of The ALPHA Team!
    If laughter is the best medicine then why do sick people go to doctors instead of comedians?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeartsKing View Post
    Anyone know if any of the injector blades from here: http://razorbladeco.com/products/25-...tor-blade.aspx would be usable for shaving? I know they don't have the injector for loading, but I've got some injector razors that are easy enough to load loose blades into.
    Those are industrial blades, heavy duty (thickness 010). The blades with thickness 009 (regular duty) can be for shaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Dorenbos View Post
    Those are industrial blades, heavy duty (thickness 010). The blades with thickness 009 (regular duty) can be for shaving.
    That's true for the Gem type single edge blades, but the injector blades are all .010.
    If laughter is the best medicine then why do sick people go to doctors instead of comedians?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeartsKing View Post
    Ted Pella has a carbon steel injector blade 20 pack for $4.60. Maybe the same blades?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierTrooper View Post
    That's true for the Gem type single edge blades, but the injector blades are all .010.
    Oops you are right about the thickness, however these blades are referred to as "heavy duty". I took that to mean not for shaving.
    Last edited by Wil Dorenbos; 05-05-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierTrooper View Post
    Ted Pella has a carbon steel injector blade 20 pack for $4.60. Maybe the same blades?
    Isn't that stainless, ptfe coated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, you're right. Apparently their product 121-5, the carbon steel injectors, just come in the bulk amounts as well.