What's new

Buying a brush at Lee's

Hi

I already ordered a Mergress XL by Lee and in one package he will put a Brush of my choice in it.
I am thinking of buying the Chubby 1 in Best.

Info about my shaving:
Heavy, coarse beard
Lathering is with Proraso cream in a bowl

Tell me if this is a good choice or not....

The chubby is one of the best brushes out there...and the best grade of hair is excellent. The chubby 1 is a little small I find for bowl lathering and the handle gets messy with lather...it comes into it's own when you face lather in my honest opinion. I use my chubbies with creams and soaps...

Chubby1 is not so small when you put it to work. I have it and the 2 in best. The 2 is quite a beast when you face lather with it.

The CH1 is my favorite brush. I don't find it too small. The handle is short but it's also got a nice diameter (it is chubby), so holding it isn't as awkward as you'd think. It's an excellent brush. In class of its own, IMO.

I already ordered a Mergress XL by Lee and in one package he will put a Brush of my choice in it.
Smoothshave, this sentence reads as if Lee is adding a brush of choice if you buy a Mergress XL. I believe Slowhand is referring to that. I thought that also when I read your first post.

Congrats on the Chubby, if that is your choice.

Chubby 1 was too small for me, it felt awkward. I have fairly large hands though, wear XL gloves.

Try face lathering with it sometime, you might not go back to the bowl

If you face lather and have reasonably large hands, the chubby 1 still works amazingly well, it's just when you bowl lather that I found it gets a bit messy with lather, the handle is too short to rest on the edge and the brush slides in...it WILL get lather all over it. Not that it's a big deal and I did use one happily before moving to the CH2 and larger ...now no looking back and there's a CH2 permanently on my counter now...heck I like it so much I got more than one :)

Smoothshave, this sentence reads as if Lee is adding a brush of choice if you buy a Mergress XL. I believe Slowhand is referring to that. I thought that also when I read your first post.

Congrats on the Chubby, if that is your choice.

I thought the same and was about to jump on the bandwagon. :thumbup:

Top Bottom