What's new

Welcome to? Who? or "Whats in a name"?

Howdy fellow shavers. I'm gonna call myself a hacker for now as I'm a newbie. I just shaved today for the first time with a DE and hacked myself a bit. But I'll read and videos on here some more and I'll get the hang of it. Glad to find this place.

I see some people with sig's that are longer than their post. Is there a way around the 100 character limit? How much Vig I gotta pay to who?

I agree, it's a nice touch. I stayed anonymous here for about three years, and can't really explain why, other than privacy. This forum can be trusted, so a few months back I joined in by adding my name. I enjoy the time spent here, and trust the people who post. This is the most courteous place online, and I appreciate and trust those who participate and keep rudeness out.

I usually post using the mobile site on my phone. Unfortunately, signatures do not attach to mobile posts. The full site is too difficult to maneuver on my phone. So if i remember I just add my name as shown below.

- Frank

I see some people with sig's that are longer than their post. Is there a way around the 100 character limit? How much Vig I gotta pay to who?

Hey, Kid, like listen up.. ya gots to pay the Vig and it ain't no less than 25 buckaroos, 2 and a half Ten Spots, 5 fins..... That's to buy ya a couple lines a Sig.
If ya think ya gots lots to say about yerself, then ya gots to pony up a half a c-note minus a five spot. That'll get ya a few more lines...
If ya think yer top of the heap, fork over a Benjamin.... Then ya gots it all...

Seriously, the signature lines are minimal unless you become a contributer. $25 Bronze; $45 Copper; $75 Silver; $100 Gold.

Join us and find out about the other hidden benefits, the secret hipshake; Ouch's real name (not really); free popcorn (or not)...

Glad to have you here, [MENTION=104735]Not Sure[/MENTION]...

I see some people with sig's that are longer than their post.

THIS!!!

Some forums and folks are worse than others, but sometimes I get tired of scrolling thru people's massive walls of text that they like to call their signatures.

I'm also not a big fan of the name my parents chose for me in the first place. That, and I've seen some of the crazy nonsensical crap people will pull on one another when they're given enough/too much information about someone online. That, and from back when I actually filled out profile information, signatures and stuff, I got tired of putting in the same crap over and over again. So I always figured if you really wanna know something about me, you're welcome to ask.

Last edited:
I agree, it's a nice touch. I stayed anonymous here for about three years, and can't really explain why, other than privacy. This forum can be trusted, so a few months back I joined in by adding my name. I enjoy the time spent here, and trust the people who post. This is the most courteous place online, and I appreciate and trust those who participate and keep rudeness out.

+1 I like to respond to posts using a real name, if possible. If nothing else, keeps one from having to refer back three times to get the moniker right. For everyone else, we're on a no name basis. :lol:

@one_fifty_six
if you hover on your name on the top line, the auto-dropdown will show signature.
I don't recall what the minimum number of posts is to create a signature line, but that is where you create it.
there are some limitations which the Mods an Stews can help with sorting out.

Top Bottom