What's new

Whats Inside?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one! I've got one with that handle. It's got a bit more weight than the octagonal handles. I really like that case, as well. Thanks for sharing!:001_smile

I almost missed it. I never realized that razors came in cases such as this. Its in awsome condition and still has some new razors in this funky fold out pouch. This was but 1/4 of my antique store find though :).

I almost missed it. I never realized that razors came in cases such as this. Its in awsome condition and still has some new razors in this funky fold out pouch. This was but 1/4 of my antique store find though :).

Is this your first 'cased' razor?

Insomniac - No, I have a couple others. I just have not seen a case like this one.

IronHammer - As requested...

full

full

I bet none of you have seen a red tip Fatboy before.... HAH!

I have done pretty good lately with the antique store finds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice collection! :thumbup:

In the past weeks I have found

Cased Gold Featherweight w/ instructions
Cased Fatboy
Cased Slim
Slim
Fatboy Case
Red Tip
Empire ABC
Gold Super Adjustable
Cased Shick Injector
40s SS
Flair Tip SS
Cased Gem 1912

You should have seen the store I went to this weekend. One of these places had the funkiest razors, and id say about 20+.

Very nice find, I predict you're going to really enjoy using it. I have one with the same handle but it has the smaller head and round top plate. I much prefer the round handle models like this, and the Damaskeene, over the ones with the hexagon shape.

proxy.php

proxy.php

From the tags it looks like you're finding these at antique stores!

You found an Empire ABC at an antique store?

Hard enough to find on eBay, but in the wild, that's quite a find!

I always suspected those antique stores way up in the Appalachias are gold mines! Congrats on some awesome finds! You got some cleanup work to do, it looks like. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

My most recent haul was from Amish country (those four cased razors). I could have walked away with much, much more, but I have some restraint (Read: Very little). Some prices were pretty good, but others were awful. I saw what I think is a old type ball end with a very good condition case. They wanted 42 dollars for it but it had an enormus crack going down the handle. At the same time, that Red tip in the fatboy case was only $6.

My most recent haul was from Amish country (those four cased razors). I could have walked away with much, much more, but I have some restraint (Read: Very little). Some prices were pretty good, but others were awful. I saw what I think is a old type ball end with a very good condition case. They wanted 42 dollars for it but it had an enormus crack going down the handle. At the same time, that Red tip in the fatboy case was only $6.

It's okay. I have no restraint either. Sunday, along with the signature Single Ring, I picked up an Old Type gold traveler set that was pretty beat up (the lid was taped on with electric tape) for $35. I feel stupid now but I was caught up in the heat of the moment! (Hey, it still have the brush in the tube)

thats a patent of 1912, but the razor is 1925 Brooklyn (the handle design and case+logo gives it away), its the Peerless set w nickel plated case.

Is that better, worse, rarer, more common?

I looked up this razor in the Wiki but did not find any pictures of it. Not sure who updates the wiki, but I can clean this up a little bit and provide better pictures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom