What's new

Showering after the shave....

I think many people shower before they shave to soften the beard.

But I have always done the reverse. Maybe it's just trying to get all the shaving soap off the face. Not sure but it's always my habit.

One other benefit of this is that I use good shower soaps with oils in them not detergents and they seem to soothe any razor burn. I also use shampoo bars with same great ingredients which drip down on the face.

Anybody out there shower after?:001_rolle

I always shower before I shave. Doesn't your after shave get washed off when you shower after you shave?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I used to shave IN the shower (blind, no mirror, I know where my face is:tongue_sm)

I decided that 1. it was a waste of water and 2. the hot water didn't last long enough.

I now shave before I shower. A good face wash with a good soap as a preshave is about perfect (Mama Bear cocobutter, the Shamrock Soap she made for Paddy's Day; I bought her last 9 bars)

Almost as good as shaving in the shower, but not enough difference to matter to me.

I used to shave before my shower... but then I discovered how soft my whiskers get if I soap up my beard a few times and let the steam do its thing. I'm a shower first guy now, and I'm never going back.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I always shower after the shave...just habit I guess.

Just a hot water rinse of the face before I shave is good enough for me; works well but YMMV.

Shave before the shower here too. Before retiring, my weekday routine was shave at night, shower in the morning. Showering first does not work for me. I get better shaves with minimal prep.

Shave before shower for me to. Gives me the best looking result compared to shower first and shave afterwards.

Oooh, oooh, must put on after shave immediately after shaving or it will definitely, definitely be too late. :lol:

Like I said. The oils from the good soaps soothe the skin right away. Regular soaps have detergents in them and are irritating.

I don't always use a balm or after shave because of this.:thumbup1:

When I shave at the gym I had been showering after shaving since I was using the steam room as my prep instead of the shower. To save time so I can catch my train easier I eliminated the steam and started showering before shaving. I find that I have been getting better shaves since the change. Just seems a little slicker and not as rough on my face with the pre-shower.

I also shave then shower. If I really feel the need to put something on my face right after the shower, I do a Witch Hazel splash, wait five min., shower, then apply AS.

I think that shave then shower is more relaxing and enjoyable, assuming you have a good prep routine.

It does take a little longer for me though, so I usually shower then shave during the week.

I do both, I shower and scrub the face sen shave then shower again and shave my head.
The best 2 hours of my day !

If I'm doing both, I always shave before the shower.

That way, in the event of any nicks or weepers, the shower rinses them well and the bleeding is always done by the end of the shower, so I never have any little red dots left.

i have done it before. a buddy of mine years ago said that it was better to do it after the shower so the beard is soft yada yada yada. he also said that shaving before the shower would open your pores and you'd get soap in them and you didnt want that so i stopped doing it before the shower. lord knows i have oily enough skin as it is i dont need anything else clogging up my pores.

Top Bottom